TESTROGAIN

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Petchsky

Reaction score
I really don't think so, as I have taken something similar to this and experienced no shedding. You'll have the horn big time taking these supps!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That makes no sense, increased levels of Testosterone should mean that there is more free Testosterone to be converted into DHT, which in turn should make hair loss worse, no?

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
The increase in testosterone does not necessarily mean there will be an increase in DHT, especially if you are using a DHT inhibitor, And there are fates other than being converted to DHT for the testosterone in your body, it could be bound by SHBG or used up in the muscle or even converted into estrogen via Aromatase.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just reading over the Testrogain information there:

Natural Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) Inhibitors:

As you know, the testes secrete several male sex hormones, which are collectively called androgens--testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and androstenedione. When secreted, testosterone dwarfs the other two in concentration, so most people just refer to testosterone when discussing androgenic and anabolic effects of these hormones. Following secretion by the testes, most of the testosterone becomes loosely bound with either plasma albumin or a beta-globulin called gonadal steroid-binding globulin and circulates in the blood for about 20 minutes. By that time, it either adheres to tissues or becomes degraded into inactive products that are subsequently excreted. Much, if not most, of the testosterone that adheres to tissues is converted within the cells to dihydrotestosterone (a smaller amount goes to 5-alpha-androstanediol), commonly referred to as DHT. This is why we say that testosterone is converted to DHT at target tissues. Every target tissue, from the prostate to muscle cells, sees this conversion to some degree.

The rationale behind DHT inhibitors is that (a) if the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is blocked, testosterone will remain in the bloodstream longer to positively affect and activate anabolic processes within muscle cells; and (b) since DHT is associated with some unwanted physiological effects, these can be minimized by blocking DHT. Research seems to be backing this rationale up.

Something I still don't understand is the True effects of DHT on the body. I believe them to be very complex. I'm still suffering severe side effects from taking (1mg) of Finasteride for 3 months. My Testicles have shrunk, my ejaculate is nearly non-existant, I've lost nearly all of my muscle mass and gained much weight, I'm very depressed. While I have all these problems, my hair loss has accelerated. What's going on? If these are side effects from low levels of DHT then why has my hair loss accelerated?

Who knows?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No man, I ordered Finasteride off the internet, my parents would probably kill me, since they are both Doctors. Anyways I'm not stupid and I realise that if it does get any worse I will visit a Doctor. It's all the signs of low Testosterone levels, I wonder if a Supplement like Testrogain might reboot my system, I also have done near to no exercise over the past few months. I'll keep anyone interested updated in my story section.

ali777

Reaction score
decro435 said:
No man, I ordered Finasteride off the internet, my parents would probably kill me, since they are both Doctors.

Why don't you have a chat with your parents and see what they think? You don't have to say that you are using it or interested in using it. Just say something like "I was reading about this product, what do you think the effects of DHT are?".

My dad pretends to be a strict parent, but my parents are cool. They would tell me what I need to know.

PS: I've read the info, this product is not for me. I think my test levels are fine, and I know what DHT inhibitors do to my body. I have tried saw palmetto, I think I have a mild allergy to it. The weird thing is, I'm normally very good with medications, but finastride completely messes me up.