Thank God for this forum!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just joined yesterday. I have been doing alot of reading. Trying to absorb as much info as possible. I thought I was alone in the battle until I found this forum yesterday (I am glad I found it).

I am 26 yo and I noticed hairloss when I was 18... Like everyone I was in denial thinking that it will go away. Well, I have accepted the fact that I am going bold and have decided that I am not going down without a fight!

I am gonna meet with my doctor tomorrow to get a prescription for Procar and will cut it in 4 pieces and take 1.25mg x day. I already have the generic (kirk) 5% minoxidil. I was thinking of getting the Nizoral 2% but the Longs Drug around here only has 1%.

Anyone know where I can get one (I live in San Francisco btw)?

I was thinking about also getting the folligen cream/lotion for my hairline. Do you guys buy these from the hairlosstalk website?

I guess this is what everyone calls big3? with the addition of the folligen :)

Thank you everyone and wish me luck!!

paltuga

Reaction score
I agree, I am thankful to God for this site as well!!! Lots of good knoweldge and good people here.

The big three as as follows:

1. Finasteride
2. Nizoral
3. minoxidil

I don't have much advice on the creams, but I'm sure others will as it gets bumped up!

Best wishes and God's blessings,
Pete

G

paltuga said:
I agree, I am thankful to God for this site as well!!! Lots of good knoweldge and good people here.

The big three as as follows:

1. Finasteride
2. Nizoral
3. minoxidil

I don't have much advice on the creams, but I'm sure others will as it gets bumped up!

Best wishes and God's blessings,
Pete

Agree

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
good luck bro..

nizoral 2% can only be purchased with a doctor's prescription.

you're local walgreens or cvs should have it

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I have started using the minoxidil 5% but my scalp turning red and itchy... will have to counter that with nizoral? anyone have some tip?

Thanks.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using Nizoral 1%. I think a lot of people do this. It's cheaper and easier to get than 2%, and I think it does pretty much the same thing.

Good luck.