thats it im going to the derm ASAP to get some proscar

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went to a dermatologist about a month ago, and she said i can see little hairs on my hair line and they should grow back and thinken up? does anyone know if this is right? do thin heairs gett thicker over time or do they just grow thick from the begining?

anyway she said, give it 3 months and if it's not better we should get on rogaine, because she said i wasnt ready for propecia. However i have had a high hairline since birth(some thing like norwood 1.5) anyway i look like in betweena norwood 2 and 3 and my hair line looks diffuse and has bean beaten within an inch of it's life. IVE HAD ENOUGH,

im in sydney australia, any advice for getting my dermatologist to prescribe me with proscar? why if she says no? i obviously will go to another derm, but rather than pay 60 bucks again to see a dermatologist, id rather get it sorted first time round, ANY ADVICE?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Just outta interest: What's the name of the derm you went to?

I think you might have a hard time trying to find a doctor who'll give you a script for proscar since that would in theory be covered my PBS (Medicare) - Propecia is not (although i have not tried to get the script myself - only Propecia).

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im 21, sorry i don't want to say which derm i went to

G

why did she say you were not ready for propecia ?

also you are right to keep the name of your derm form PartTimeNinja, he would only kill again, he has killed several poster's derms, terrible nuisance.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
she said 'i don't think your ready for it yet' im not really sure, i have gotten an appointment with the derm next week, so im gonna find out then, looking at my hair now noone would have a clue ive got male pattern baldness, ive got long shagy hair that hand's down in the front. i don't have diffuse thining at all except for about 1cm fromteh hair line in it's diffuse. I think she thought my hair loss was at an early stage? but to be honest i don't know what she knows about male pattern baldness, she could have cheated on her derm exams for all i know. So im gonna see her again and if i can't get any sence from her im gonna try and see another derm.