The best way to dissolve Green Tea

riptiduh

Reaction score
The wealth of info on this site has helped so much, thanks to all of you!

I just wanted to know the best way to dissolve green tea (the powder from beyondcentury) to make a good topical between the minoxidil 5%?

CCS

Reaction score
don't use minoxidil. Use everclear and water. Even 50% water 50% vodka would be good.

Minoxidil mixing is for the laziest. Don't mix experimentals with proven treatments, or you risk ruining the proven treatment. Do them in separate containers.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on putting this sh*t on my head...

But yeah what cassin said chrz to that!

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
they want to make a topical hence, that is why they just don't drink it

CCS

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Just drink real green tea.....why make it so complicated?

drinking it will not help your hair.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cetaphil cream works just fine as well...

riptiduh

Reaction score
I know drinking green tea is extremely good for your health, but as far as hair loss, at least from everything I have read here, it almost does nothing. The post from Old Baldy here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... light=egcg explains that green tea might just be an effective treatment. I know this is a little ridiculous, but anything I can do to keep what I have right now or at least grow a little back would be wonderful. It sounds this might be the easiest, most cost effective way to add a a strong (but small) defense to your hair.

little

Reaction score
will the alcohol and water mixture get sufficantly absorbed into the skin and can spironolactone be added to. thanks

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what percentage to make it? I just bought some green tea extract and planning on adding it to a light shampoo I'll be using occasionally.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried just putting straight-up green tea in their hair (as well as drinking it)? Green tea is very cheap in bags and you can buy it at any grocery store.

parrotsmuggler

Reaction score
I believe the molecular weight of green tea is under 400, therefore it would be suitable for most carriers (Phlogel, Transport Matrix, Avant Lab's carriers). The question is whether the Dermabolics carrier is best suited to lipophilic, hydrophilic, or ampiphilic (sp) actives and I don't know the answer to that one.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Has anyone tried just putting straight-up green tea in their hair (as well as drinking it)? Green tea is very cheap in bags and you can buy it at any grocery store.

That's what I do. Since I use a teaspoon to do it, it's quite effective.

But that's only because I don't want to bother around with mixing it with anything; that's just more stuff for me to buy, plus I don't want to do it wrong either. I do suggest mixing it with something, if you can.

But again, it's effective even when plain.

CCS

Reaction score
RAKBS said:

But that's only because I don't want to bother around with mixing it with anything; that's just more stuff for me to buy, plus I don't want to do it wrong either. I do suggest mixing it with something, if you can.

the extract is cheaper than the bags.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried those green tea extract pills that are meant for weight loss? I was looking at those in the store today, but I didn't know if they'd be worth a shot.

riptiduh

Reaction score
ok ok ok wait a sec.

Am I hearing this right CCS?

A nice cup of Green tea, maybe a teaspoon worth is just as effective as mixing it from the BeyondACentury powder? Only it costs more of course.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
RAKBS said:

the extract is cheaper than the bags.

Oh, I know; I was referring to the stuff that you were talking about mixing the green tea with.

Orally, I take green tea in capsule form. Cheap, quick, powerful, and convenient.