The Bird Keeper's Story

Reaction score
22yr male here,

I noticed a slight thinning around late 07' and it generally progressed at a moderate pace through 08' through this year 10'

I checked up on it recently to see how its doing and my hair is definitely more thinner then it was back in 07' (about 1/3 the thickness its supposed to be)

I am experiencing hair loss from the temples to the top of the head. my left side seems to be thinner than the other, my hair line has receded drastically making the hair style I desire harder to groom.

Here are some pictures:
e80ndz.jpg

kcy1py.jpg

qp53r7.jpg

291lr82.jpg

11ipvm9.jpg

I never really had any dedication to any specific treatments. Ive tried several products on and off.

Ive tried some sawpalmetto pills for roughly about 4~6 months. Gave up on it.

Ive tried some chinese herbal spray that mimicks rogain, im on month 3 but the product makes my scalp red so ive been kind of holding off on it just in case its a negative reaction.

Then i stumbled upon this site and read about fincar+nizoral shampoo+minoxidil
and how effective it is for most people here. And since this is a forum dedicated to hair loss, i figured I would take those peoples words and that it would be the ideal treatment to commit to.

I tried ordering fincar from inhouse but they are not able to ship out the product to where i live (Honolulu, Hawaii) because of some kind of Hawaii customs, so im kind of in a slump. I don't have any insurance so I haven't seeked any professional help yet and ive been just kind of trying things here and there. It would be awesome if anyone can shed any light for me regarding the fincar situation.

I can get my hands on minoxidil and nizoral though, but will minoxidil and nizoral be efficient enough to help maintain what I have and promoting new hair?

Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated. This event has degraded my self esteem drastically and my anxiety is going off the walls. Please help.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I'd try United Pharmacies or go to the dermatologist if you can and try to get a prescription for propecia or proscar.

From what I've read minoxidil might be good to start using but in most situations finasteride is needed. I'm almost in your exact same position...just ordered my fincar from inhouse today lol.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up TheGrayMan2001!, I will check up on United Pharmacies.

I pm'ed zeroheat for some advice on my situation since he seems to be having good results with his restoration progress, and yeah like you say he says that finasteride is a must.

Im working on trying to get into those medicare, medquest type of insurance. There are also local doctors that have reasonable walk in fees so im just kind of researching up on that and hoping to get something going for me.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Last time I went to my dermatologist I didn't even tell them to use my insurance and it was just a flat 50 dollar fee.