The Complications of Styling Thinning Hair

Portunfio

Reaction score
I've noticed that as time passes by, styling is so much more difficult.

I used to have the messy hair/spiky look, but since my hair is so thin, it is sort of hard to achieve those results.

I also noticed that my hair has this pattern where certain parts can only be combed or styled in a certain direction. If I try to style it in a direction I want, it looks too fucked up.

Also, waking up every morning I notice my hair is in a bloody mess! Perhaps thats why certain parts of my hair can only be styled in one direction because my head rests on the pillow in such a way that my hair that my hair is scrunched in that direction.

Does anyone have problems like this? If so, any suggestions as to how to get your hair to style in the way YOU want it?

Gel doesn't work ...btw..

thanks!

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Portunfio said:
Perhaps thats why certain parts of my hair can only be styled in one direction because my head rests on the pillow in such a way that my hair that my hair is scrunched in that direction.

In most of us, certain parts of our hair grows in certain directions. My hair tends to grow forward and right in the front, straight on the midscalp and in a clockwise swirl on the vertex.

Some people have hair that spikes straight out of their heads, and I think they clearly have a styling advantage.

Although, which probably should be noted, hair combed _against_ it's "growing direction" tends to look thicker and healthier when long enough.