The Dark Side.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most of us would be considered "good kids", we work hard, we study, we eat healthy, we get married, we divorced after our wives cheat on us, we get ugly and we die.

the rest... are on the dark side, they dont study, they do drugs, they f*** the hottest girls, they cheat on their girls and f*** our wives..

so all in all, why shouldn't i move to the dark side? ...
it seems the world rewards bad behavior, as long as you dont get caught...

(i feel the urge lately)

HughJass

Reaction score
hmmmm....if your motivation to do things is to be 'good' then you'll always feel bored and trapped because more often than not good means being compliant. It's against human nature to be compliant which is why it's so boring and painful.

That urge to cut loose and break rules (rules that somebody else set and you decided to follow, not rules you decided for yourself to follow) is natural and healthy. It's the 'real you' trying to break out. It's been suffocating under the weight of decades of instruction and indoctrination from the soviet school system which basically beat us into submissive authority worshipers who are easily frightened and have been taught to betray their own senses. It also beat our parents into submission so we got a double dose of it at home too. Yay!

I think the problem here is not that doing drugs/cheating on partners is rewarding, though it may appear that way, it's realizing that being 'good' (going to school, behaving 'properly', going to uni, getting a job, buy a house, getting married) is so inherentlyunrewarding. That's why the 'dark side' looks appealing. We've been led to believe that this stuff would make us happy and it didn't so why shouldn't we just break societies conventions? It didn't get us anywhere so why not?

Even though much of what the culture demands of us is basically f*****g insane and wrong, it doesn't necessarily mean that the polar opposite is going to serve us better or be more rewarding. It's just that it looks attractive because the only other way of life we know has become some dull and uninteresting. Some of the things on the dark side are beneficial to us and worth embracing , some are not and are more indicative of character flaws and persueing them will only bring more problems.

oni

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Most of us would be considered "good kids", we work hard, we study, we eat healthy, we get married, we divorced after our wives cheat on us, we get ugly and we die.

the rest... are on the dark side, they dont study, they do drugs, they f*ck the hottest girls, they cheat on their girls and f*ck our wives..

so all in all, why shouldn't i move to the dark side? ...
it seems the world rewards bad behavior, as long as you dont get caught...

(i feel the urge lately)

Try reading "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis....................................

oni

Reaction score
It is fun on the Dark Side............................check out how much fun

[youtube:3qhelc8r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bygdRMCwC6s[/youtube:3qhelc8r]

......................................................... :whistle:

HughJass

Reaction score
scratch my previous 'advice'.

Go break into somebody's house and tell us how it felt. Always wondered.

Riding a motorbike through a shopping centre would be another good one to roadtest.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart, i agree, i think its all about striking a blance.
i've been to the Army, i've tried uni, now im at collage, i always was on the "right path" and could draw my life from birth to death without much effort, it would be a typical western ifluanced life, and it gets extreamly boring, i've yet to figure out how to blanace the good things with the bad things, its not easy since you always been told "if you want family and a house you most have money, for that you got to have a career, and you need to go to school to find a job... " but what if you dont want to have a family? :dunno: or a wife? or you dont want to own your place, and youd rather do other things? like travel, get laid, not have kids? who said you HAVE TO HAVE KIDS?
why does society looks down on single people after certain age? ]

and after all this, i still dont have the balls to say "f*** it! i move on" ... im glad you catch my drift tho.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well are you being good because you are expecting something for it in return? Or that is what you are told to do?

You don't have to go from one extreme to another, being too good ends up with you being used. Being too bad ends up with you being unlikeable and based on most people here, they want to be liked.

I do good things because I feel good about myself at the end of the day. I don't do charity work because I expect to get a 'thank you' or 'respect' but because 'it's a good thing to do'. Yet at the same time, I have done bad things.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the solution... If you don't want to get married, buy a house, etc...

Get a job you really like, it doesn't have to pay well as you don't need too much money.

With the money you get, instead of repaying mortgage or loans go out and get laid. If you can't get laid in a normal bar, then pay for sex.

oni

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding the social chameleon................................. :freak:

oni

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding.........................don't give up the day job, you are sooo much better at playing WOW...................