The donor scar

Petchsky

Reaction score
How long does it take to sufficiently heal after your transplant? I understand the grafts are pretty much locked in by day 4, you just need to be careful not to bang them, but with the donor being at the back of head there is the worry of stretching the scar...just turning your head could potentially put pressure on the scar to begin with...so, when the time you can lift weights again? or get active in the bedroom without worrying about stretching the scar?

Three questions i probably could have bullet pointed, but i've been at the 'erb and fancied the long winded way...Be my last toke for a good while as i'm due for a h/t on mon 26th and don't want to smoke and slow down the healing process, the sacrifices we make, well, i make. :whaasup:

s.a.f

Reaction score
As usual I would have to say that it varies person to person, scalp laxitey plays a role on any risk of stretching.
At 2 wks after the staples have been out the scar should be about 85% healed but the whole process of healing starts of quickly then slows right down and it could be many many months before it gets as good as it can be.
Post op sex (if you can get any) :mrgreen: should not be a problem after 1 week but you'd be wise to wait a month before doing any sport. It depends on the intensity though its possible to stretch a scar at 6months if we're talking about heavy lifting.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I see, thanks SAF, stay a way from the heavy weights then for 6 months just to be sure. Don't play any sport, so no worry there.