The Double Shed?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay.. here's the deal.. Just two and a half weeks ago a bad shed I was going through stopped pretty abruptly and things returned to normal. I anticipated that previous shed because I'm aware that when on treatments the hair is going to go through some neccessary sheds. So the last few weeks I've been enjoying some steady regrowth when all of a sudden I started to shed hard again, three days ago.. What I'm thinking is that the first shed was probably caused by minoxidil and since I'm around the sixth month mark now, this second shed is probably caused by proscar?? Do you think that is an accurate statement? I'm just a little confused and disgruntled. Just as I was about to post a very encouraging sixth month update, this comes and brings me down.

I hate posting questions like this, I just though it was unusual that I would go through two sheds in such a short duration. Any comments, or opinions?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hey Kramer... I got a nasty shed at month 6 too.. and I am not even on Propecia.

Just stick with it. You are only half way to the magic "12 months and then evaluate" stage. Don't worry... just concentrate on being persistent and religious about your regimen and see what happens. Ignore the sheds, it is all about being persistent, and patient.