The End Is Around The Corner. I Should Have Known Earlier.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Well,

It's been ten months on finasteride and nizoral. Unfortunately my loss is too aggressive for the meds.

I should have known. My father and all his brothers are Nw6/7. My hairline has continued to reced. My head is diffusing. And I can see the horseshoe pattern commencing at the back of my head. Might be game over for me. I just turned 26 and it's gotten so much worse in the past few months. In harsh lighting I can see the horseshoe so easily. I have retrograde pretty bad too so hair transplant's prob won't save me.

Another brother headed to Norwood cemetery and I'll be there by 30. I'm devastated and don't know what to do.

No real point to this thread I know. I've just come to the realIzation in the last few days that I'm a goner.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP plus a buzzed FUE transplant might be a future option. Good luck with whatever you decide.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always thought about a hair transplant and wear it shaved just to frame the face..

You think that's a good idea for retrograde guys who might have less donor area?

Akss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to post here as tge website is not letting me start a new discussion.... someone please help me im a 21yr old male....for me hairloss started after using anabolic steroids especially winstrol after which i developed heavy shedding then i started with finasteride and it stopped and i had my hair for a year now recently i stopped finasteride for 16 days and had injected myself with test cyp (just 2shots of 250mg/week) again i started to notice little hairloss so i stopped immediately and started with finasteride again it was all good for first 2 weeks after which i started noticing that my hairloss has increased...it is still falling at a faster rate like it was one year ago.....please help me i wish to keep my hair till 35 atleast....im going on with finasteride but please tell me will this heavy shedding stop?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to post here as tge website is not letting me start a new discussion.... someone please help me im a 21yr old male....for me hairloss started after using anabolic steroids especially winstrol after which i developed heavy shedding then i started with finasteride and it stopped and i had my hair for a year now recently i stopped finasteride for 16 days and had injected myself with test cyp (just 2shots of 250mg/week) again i started to notice little hairloss so i stopped immediately and started with finasteride again it was all good for first 2 weeks after which i started noticing that my hairloss has increased...it is still falling at a faster rate like it was one year ago.....please help me i wish to keep my hair till 35 atleast....im going on with finasteride but please tell me will this heavy shedding stop?
The steroids isn't causing your hair loss, it is just accelerating it. You could technically keep taking steroids, but make sure to take the finasteride as well. This will help prevent the excess testosterone from converting to DHT. For best results, stop taking steroids and just stick to finasteride if your hair is more important than your muscles. No guarantee that it will stop the hair loss though.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well,

It's been ten months on finasteride and nizoral. Unfortunately my loss is too aggressive for the meds.

I should have known. My father and all his brothers are Nw6/7. My hairline has continued to reced. My head is diffusing. And I can see the horseshoe pattern commencing at the back of my head. Might be game over for me. I just turned 26 and it's gotten so much worse in the past few months. In harsh lighting I can see the horseshoe so easily. I have retrograde pretty bad too so hair hair transplant's prob won't save me.

Another brother headed to Norwood cemetery and I'll be there by 30. I'm devastated and don't know what to do.

No real point to this thread I know. I've just come to the realIzation in the last few days that I'm a goner.
You could try dutasteride. I am thinking about taking it as well, as finasteride is not working for me either. I am going to the dermatologist sometime in the next couple weeks, and will see what he says. If he thinks it is a good idea I will not hesitate to try it.

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
OP, I would try Dutasteride. For some (including myself), Finasteride is just not enough. If you have such history of aggressive hair loss in your family, then Dutasteride is the best option.
And just to make sure, I would look into RU as well. dutasteride + RU will stop your hairloss.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in Ontario and two doctors have said no to dutasteride however both prescribed finasteride no problem. I don't know how to get my hands on it ..

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well,

I should have known. My father and all his brothers are Nw6/7. My hairline has continued to reced. My head is diffusing. And I can see the horseshoe pattern commencing at the back of my head. Might be game over for me. I just turned 26 and it's gotten so much worse in the past few months. In harsh lighting I can see the horseshoe so easily. I have retrograde pretty bad too so hair hair transplant's prob won't save me.

what about minoxidil?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
what about minoxidil?

That's one of my only options left.

I'm scared of the shed and the routine. Plus I want to stabilize before
I worry about any regrowth. I doubt if I can't even stabilize my aggressive loss minoxidil will help at all.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's one of my only options left.

I'm scared of the shed and the routine. Plus I want to stabilize before
I worry about any regrowth. I doubt if I can't even stabilize my aggressive loss minoxidil will help at all.

I dont know i am a woman but what about adding a topical finasteride to the oral finasteride..is that too much finasteride? Topical is not supposed to go systemic...?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into any topicals actually. The thought of anything like that scares the hell outta me with sheds and whatnot.

I really want to try dutasteride but don't know how to get it. I think I will drive around to different doctors on a day off and ask them all.

I don't think I can trust any "online pharmacy"

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
You may need to make an argument for dutasteride if your Dr is hesitant. Refer to the phase 2 studies for dutasteride and male pattern baldness, the studies on sides on finasteride vs dutasteride, dutasteride's approval in Japan for male pattern baldness, express the toll the hair loss is taking on your psychological well being. Maybe your Dr can put you on dutasteride for 6 month trial period and monitor.