The Future??

Skiman

Reaction score
Just wondering ... maybe some of the scentific types out there can answer this best ... but just how close are we to solving hair loss and male pattern baldness? I understand that we're closer now than ever before, and there are certain drugs out there without FDA approval, but realistically speaking ... how soon do you think we can see the cure all? 5, 10, 15, 20 years?

Just curious, as I'm new to this forum today.

Skiman :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skiman said:
Just wondering ... maybe some of the scentific types out there can answer this best ... but just how close are we to solving hair loss and male pattern baldness? I understand that we're closer now than ever before, and there are certain drugs out there without FDA approval, but realistically speaking ... how soon do you think we can see the cure all? 5, 10, 15, 20 years?

Just curious, as I'm new to this forum today.

Skiman :)
Hard to say. Maybe 10 or 15 years. Just a guess.

G

There tends to be a perception that one day we will pick up our local newspapers and emblazoned across the front page will be: BALDNESS CURED!!! doctor irons old suit to collect Nobel prize but medical progress very rarley manifests itself with 'eureka' breakthroughs.

But you won't have to wait at all, the cure is here already, well at least the intial stages of it, systemic and topical DHT inhibitors, pottasium channel openers, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatories and so on, and like other areas of medicine it will creep forward, a more effective DHT inhibitor one year, a stronger growth stimulator the next and so on, even with new areas like hair cloning, here too you will find a gradual introdution of the technology, with the proccesses being improved on year after year, with more research and better understanding of the feedback leading to gradual improvements.

So I don't think there ever will be a day you can pin-point when you will be in the bathroom squeezing 1ml of oily minoxidil on to your completely slick head, when the man on the radio announces "and finally...the curse of men the world over was delt a severe blow today by a small research team in Bradford England" just the slow path to an acceptable solution.

Saying that, I have a couple of ideas to do with plugging myself into the mains whilst in a bath of minoxidil...