The good the bad and the ugly (SIDE EFFECTS)

James

Reaction score
I think:

high testostorone levels = no flushes,not fatty pecks, get horny quickly and easier to build muscle but also easier to go bald....

low testosterone the opposite.....

I used to blush alot (with or without reason) and there was this theory about blushing that it had to do with a low testosterone level...

So i had my t-level checked at my gp(its free in the UK) and it was low so i started to use medication which increases your t-level.... and my blushing got less my muscles grew faster and the love handles dissapeared...(normally this is very difficult to train and get rid off)

After a while i made the conclusion it was too dangerous to play with my hormones and that i didnt need the medication.....

My body stayed almost the same (althoug my muscles dissapeared quickly when i didnt work out) the blushing did came back and i got less horney..... Untill i started using zinc and zma products which will make your t-level go up as well...

I was always slightly balding but after the hormone stuff it seemed like it increased the speeding process

So i started to look answers to slow down the process

With the propecia it seems like the blushing can get worse ( i read stories of people who start blushing because of it) and the libido will go down and love handles will grow..........

What do you guys think of my theorie's. It's based on experience from myself and others.....

If you want to know more about the blushing and t-level theory you can read:

http://www.esfbchannel.com/cgi-bin/yabb ... 81&start=0

let me know what you guys think.....

Grtz James

hopewas

Reaction score
i've been on proscar 4 months. i've had no side effects other than the shed that has stopped after 3 and a half months.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Honestly...I think you're thinking about this way too much. Chances are you won't experience any side effects. If you're still worried just go get your T levels checked once in a while while on finasteride.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
i've been on proscar 4 months. i've had no side effects other than the shed that has stopped after 3 and a half months.

hopewas do you mean you shedded all the way from starting treatment for 3 1/2 months and then it stopped? did the shedded hair grow back? how are you compared to baseline? and dont you think any of this could be to do with the minoxidil youre using.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride doesnt really lower testosterone levels, except for DHT. The rest of the test will fluxuate a bit, but will return to a fairly normal state.

I didnt read the artcle you linked but unless it mentions DHT specifically I wouldnt be concerned.

When you first start taking it you may break out, you may find a surge in libido. Then your libido will drop. This is all quite likely. But odds are everything will even out. And if you find it does make you blush, and continue to blush after a month or so, then just stop taking it and all will return to normal.

This is the price of saving your hair with finasteride, the most proven long-term treatment. An initial imbalance is a small price to pay.

hopewas

Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
hopewas said:

hopewas do you mean you shedded all the way from starting treatment for 3 1/2 months and then it stopped? did the shedded hair grow back? how are you compared to baseline? and dont you think any of this could be to do with the minoxidil youre using.

i shed more like 3 months..a week after i started taking it..i'm on it for 4 months now. i shed a lot..but it all grew back..and thicker. it's better now than when i started. i'm looking forward to the coming months

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
cool. well i think im on a shed right now - the hair a few centimetres back from the hairline, in the middle, and also behind the right temple, has thinned out quite a lot in the last month. im hoping this is a shed. how can you look out for regrowth?