The Iceberg story

Iceberg slim

Reaction score
Yo all,

First of all i'm French, so sorry if i make mistakes.
So i'm a 21 years old guy from Paris and i noticed something like 8 month ago that i was losing hair.
I've decided to post here because it's just amazing how French are retarded concerning baldness; that involves French dermatologist who said me that there were nothing to do to prevent my hair from falling, and french forums which are appalling.
It seems there's a positive energy here, and i want to join people who fight their hairloss instead of accepting this sh*t :woot: .

So in december 2010 i noticed that my temples and my hairline in general were receeding, like most of you i first denied it, coz i was in the countries of eastern Europe for my studies and my lifestyle was pretty bad, i mean i was smoking 2 packs of cigarettes per day, drinking a lot, eating pizzas all the time coz the local food was horrible.
I went back to France in january 2011 convinced that a healthier life style was going to stop the loss, but decided to see a dermatologist to be sure about that, coz i was losing 200 hairs/day and i was f*****g scared.
It was the drama when he said it was a male pattern baldness because i wasn't even prepared to lose my hair at such a young age. He prescribed me some minoxidil 2% lol, but i was still at the denial stage and refused to buy some.
But 3 months later my hair were getting worse than ever and i begun using minoxidil 2%; I used it for 2 months and i chose seeing another dermatologist to have some 5%. He told me to get rid of minoxidil and to use propecia.

I havent say that i lose my hair almost everywhere except to the back and sides of my head, so on the hairline to the top, and on the vertex (i'll add some photos soon). I always had some very very thick hair, but the loss is so fast that my first wish is to reduce or stop it.
I'm so scared coz it looks like the beginning of the story of my uncle who lost his hair from everywhere at 20, and was a norwood 5 at 25.
At the moment nobody has noticed it but im balding very fast.

I've been on propecia only for 2 months now and i have the feeling that my whole hair are thinner than before using it, and i'm currently losing a lot of hair from the back of my head (none before using finasteride; they're not supoosed to be immortal?lol).
Some very strange thing is also the sides i have...Actually my libido is higher than ever whereas i saw everywhere that it was usually the contrary, why?
Does it mean it's not working for me? I'm i resistant to propecia or something?
I have read that finasteride can generate a high free testosterone, so i guess this is what is happening; i just wonder if i'm destroying my hair with fina....

I have to admit i'm quite lost with what i should do...i ordered some nizoral 2% from inhouse pharmacy coz i suffer from dandruff and my current shampoo doesnt work very well, and i'll keep minoxidil as my trump card if fina+nizoral doesnt work.
Any advice?
I'll kepp you inform on what i'll do.

Thanks
The Iceberg

gsk

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...and congrats for starting the fight against hairloss.

It takes time to see the results from finasteride and you will experience an initial shed from finasteride, may be thats why your hair thin than you started. As you have no sides from finasteride, Just give some time...it will surely help. I have seen some people who maintained their hair for more than 10 years only on finasteride.

IF you have decent hair now, you can maintain it for many years.....Check this one

Nw8dZ.gif