The importance of "before" pictures.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I can't stress enough how important it is to take some "before" pictures when starting a regimen. This is the only true way to gauge your progress or lack of progress.
There have been so many times where I think my hair is going to sh*t. Then I go look at my before treatment pics on my PC and realize that I'm still doing way better than I thought.
Let's face it, nowadays most of us have digital cameras. If not, the prices have dropped dramatically in the last year or two so go out and buy one you cheap bastard :wink: So now you have no excuse.
Anyway.....just some advice I thought was worth mentioning. :)

Deaner

Reaction score
Was actually thinking about posting the same thing. I wish I had, to prove how much better my crownis doing these days...

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
When I started my regimen four months ago, my hairloss wasn't bad enough to be detected in a photograph. Well, unless my hair was really wet. So I just kind of figured there was no point in taking photos, since I didn't think I was going to be able to see any improvement in a photo...

Now that I KNOW my hair has gotten worse from all this shedding, I wish I had taken the pictures-- not to show improvement, but to show how much worse.

Guess I didn't really think that one through. :lol:

Bismarck

Reaction score
I agree with BHD. There are some days you think it has worsened, next day you think it's better. This reminds me to the thread "krazy growth on spironolactone": this guy thought he regrew hair but he was actually receding. Or think of Deaner's increadible vellus hair growth after 1 day on propecia or his severe Head-and-Shoulders induced shedding. :D
Taking photos every month or after every haircut is the only way to evaluate the progress.

Deaner

Reaction score
How about actually reading my posts Bis? I asked if it was a coincidence that H&S had stopped my shedding you tool. I'm sick of being picked on, so screw off.

Edit: And you can make fun of my vellous growth too, but most of it's turning terminal, so take that for what it's worth.

Petchsky

Reaction score
LOL... sorry, just thought it was funny :lol:

Bismarck

Reaction score
Deaner said:
How about actually reading my posts Bis? I asked if it was a coincidence that H&S had stopped my shedding you tool. I'm sick of being picked on, so screw off.

Edit: And you can make fun of my vellous growth too, but most of it's turning terminal, so take that for what it's worth.

OK. This was the last one :)

bis