The Lemur's Story - (23 year old) BUZZ cut update!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
*Update, see third post*

Heyas all! Well now being serious, this is a great forum and I do relate with many here and have similar stories with many I've read a lot of threads/posts. I am a diffuse thinner I believe. I've always had fine hair and not a lot. Since I was very young (as a baby and up). I noticed getting thinner when I was well, 19 maybe. I could say 16 but honestly I always had fine and not much hair before that maybe it started sooner doesn't matter now...

The last year it's gotten worse due to not managing stress well, and poor diet. Also I have a slightly hyper thyroid (very slightly), another reason for thinning possibly. And just those darn things called genes.

here are some pics taken 9/29/2008.

Cell phone pics I know I'm lazy and a lemur what can I say. I could show even worse shots of the thinning but lighting and raising hair plays a role you can see enough there. And the hairline pic looks "thicker" than it really is...

I've decided once this semester in school's over to get a buzz (butch cut) about 1/4''. And started using some form of Minoxidil and maybe try a natural "remedy" like saw palmetto. I know people are gonna say use finasteride, Propecia! I can't due to my thyroid issue at this time until I'm off these pills. So maybe in 6-8 months I can start that, UNTIL THEN...

I'll post more recent pics later. And Thanks for anyone reading and responding I know there are many stories out there and just as equally important! =D Peace mates.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: The Lemur's Story - (22 year old and losing my fur! (hair =)

I would suggest you to try shaving your head, perhaps for a reason like I did; I shaved for a fundraiser. It was a good cause and excuse to see how you'd look if all else fails; I call this plan Z. Every time I shaved my head (4 and counting) it was a big relief. If not for the fact that I'm graduating soon and looking for a job, I would consider keeping it that way.

Just do it! It frees you! It did for me; and I didn't care if I looked ridiculous (I'm only 5'7, really thin build 125 lb., really pale, I look 10 years younger than I actually am, etc., I would be the worst candidate for a shaved head) It will prepare you mentally for this battle you're going to be in and letting you know that if you lose this battle which many of us will, that it's really just hair. If I can maintain 'til I'm 40 I'll be very very pleased. If I lose after 35, I'll just shave. Nothing to it.

Good luck guy!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
Re: The Lemur's Story - (22 year old) BUZZ cut update!

*UPDATE* (1-9-09) BUZZZZZ Before The Storm

First, I haven't yet started on anything big except planning finasteride later on (reasons for why not now; other drug interactions and other stuff) but am on nizoral, vitamins, and about to start 5% Mino; and in a few months finasteride.

Anyways. I got tired of covering my DIFFUSE THINNING hair while I desperately wait to start treatment. So after painstaking browsing (this place has been the best help this way!) and gazing at photos of buzz cuts until my eyes strained and magining how I’d look, I FINALLY got my nerve back and got it buzzed.

1/4 (2 guard) on the sides and back, blended to a 3/8’’- ½’’ on top. I just wasn't sure to go so short overall; so I opted for a little longer there; now Id probably go 1/4 all around, but not sure. The front right (MY right) is thinning a bit more; but the rest of my hair is pretty evenly thinning for the *most part*

Anyways, looking for feedback at this stage about the buzz. And any other comments =) First, I gotta say it DOES feel great. It’s taking a bit to get used to granted, and I do have some pluses, a decent headshape, a fairly decent hairline, but also negatives, clearly the diffuse thinning, but also I have extruded ears (ie: dumbo and bat like... heard it all =). But ive gotten over my ear issue a loonngg time ago so that's not really an issue. My hair, not so zen about... (anyways enough talk I tend to ramble, here are the pics)

These are RIGHT BEFORE I got it buzzed, under bathroom light, wet hair out of shower, no flash.

THE BUZZ And I thought I’d get some lighting variation, but probably should have been more organized in angles and stuff for each case, its very haphazardly done, but oh well =)

Normal daylight, Inside,, no flash…

Direct Sunlight (Above)

(Inside, Camera Flash)

So, how's it look now? Go even shorter? ¼ on top too? (This cut is 1/4 sides/back, 1/2 top, again) you can see the tops slightly brushed to the side. I don't know. And clearly, this still shows its thinning; esp that last overhead flash. Under no illusions but I think this is far better than before. This is also good to begin REAL treatment now, the other reason to shorten it. Bring on them sheds! =( … =)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nice hairline! i think you will be a great success story after 6 months + on finasteride. keep us updated!

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: The Lemur's Story - (22 year old) BUZZ cut update!

Deus_Ex_Lemur said:
*UPDATE* (1-9-09) BUZZZZZ Before The Storm

First, I haven't yet started on anything big except planning finasteride later on (reasons for why not now; other drug interactions and other stuff) but am on nizoral, vitamins, and about to start 5% Mino; and in a few months finasteride.

Anyways. I got tired of covering my DIFFUSE THINNING hair while I desperately wait to start treatment. So after painstaking browsing (this place has been the best help this way!) and gazing at photos of buzz cuts until my eyes strained and magining how I’d look, I FINALLY got my nerve back and got it buzzed.

1/4 (2 guard) on the sides and back, blended to a 3/8’’- ½’’ on top. I just wasn't sure to go so short overall; so I opted for a little longer there; now Id probably go 1/4 all around, but not sure. The front right (MY right) is thinning a bit more; but the rest of my hair is pretty evenly thinning for the *most part*

Anyways, looking for feedback at this stage about the buzz. And any other comments =) First, I gotta say it DOES feel great. It’s taking a bit to get used to granted, and I do have some pluses, a decent headshape, a fairly decent hairline, but also negatives, clearly the diffuse thinning, but also I have extruded ears (ie: dumbo and bat like... heard it all =). But ive gotten over my ear issue a loonngg time ago so that's not really an issue. My hair, not so zen about... (anyways enough talk I tend to ramble, here are the pics)

These are RIGHT BEFORE I got it buzzed, under bathroom light, wet hair out of shower, no flash.

THE BUZZ And I thought I’d get some lighting variation, but probably should have been more organized in angles and stuff for each case, its very haphazardly done, but oh well =)

Normal daylight, Inside,, no flash…

Direct Sunlight (Above)

(Inside, Camera Flash)

So, how's it look now? Go even shorter? ¼ on top too? (This cut is 1/4 sides/back, 1/2 top, again) you can see the tops slightly brushed to the side. I don't know. And clearly, this still shows its thinning; esp that last overhead flash. Under no illusions but I think this is far better than before. This is also good to begin REAL treatment now, the other reason to shorten it. Bring on them sheds! =( … =)

looks good man keep it like that while using the products hopefully you can get on finasteride sooner then later today i took my first dose