The problem with body hair & balding

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of body hair. Mind you, I'm not a complete ape, but where most men have a little hair on their bodies (arms, legs, chest), I tend to have more. And I could care less about that.

My gripe is that buzz cutting my head hair makes my head look inconsistant with the rest of my body. Here my arm hair and chest hair is growing wildly and then there's just stubble around the sides and back of my head? Ridiculous. It seems to make my balding stand out even more.

On top of this, my beard grows in rather thick as well. So usually I keep a a 5 o'clock shadow or a small beard because it's more comfortable and easier to live with rather than shaving every morning. But then again, I have this beard hair, arm hair, chest hair, leg hair and prickly short little chopped off hairs around the side and back of my head. It feels noticible. It IS noticible.

I think that as I grow older I'm just going to live with the homer simpson look rather than shaving/buzz cutting. It would just match my head better to my body.

CCS

Reaction score
Just buzz your body hair too. As long as it is at least 1/4 inch long, it won't be prickly. Still noticeable, but not bad.

And if you ever make a lot of money, you got lots of body hair to put on your head. I would not plop down that kind of money though unless you are in shape and such. Looking better is nice, but most women don't get turned on unless you are above average.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thick, plentiful body hair can be a blessing in disguise. So long as you can afford BHT.