The Problem With V-loops On A Uts With Dark Hair

Noah

Reaction score
I haven't done this (I have light coloured hair) but I have seen it done several times, and as you say, it looks fantastic. Quite a lot of fuss, but if you have black hair and you want an exposed hairline I think it's worth it. I seem to remember hearing that some of the on-line suppliers will actually arrange the dyeing process for you, presumably for an extra charge.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That top link looks amazing. It's really selling me on a uts. Does anyone have a guess what sort of density that is though? Light I think?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all

I have a UTS with v-looped black hair. The loops show up very clearly because of the dark colour, and this gives the hairline somewhat of an unrealistic look. I tend to ruffle up my hairline so that the front isn't totally exposed, but even then it's not ideal.

I was reading on Northwest Lace's forum about some guys that had dark hair UTS systems but they order the front 1-inch in blonde, and then they dye it to black (or brown etc as needed). They make sure to avoid the very bottom of the hair shaft. The results look AMAZING.

Basically you end up with the most realistic hairline I have ever seen on a system. The v-loops are almost invisible because they are still blonde, and the variation in colour gives the hairline a most natural look.

I won't link to the NWL forum here but you can easily search it to see the pics. I have linked the YouTube vids below.

I'm thinking of trying this on my next piece.

Have you tried this, or do you have any thoughts on it?

Wow, that took the dye ultrafast. Looks great though!