The regrowth process of minoxidil

circusrat

Reaction score
Since many people on here use minoxidil, i'm just wondering if 1. its working for you at all and 2. if it is, how did the regrowth occur and how long did it take.

For example, I'm hearing a lot of people notice small white vellus hairs at first. Some say they eventually turn into pigmented 'normal' hair others say it stays like this.

I'm somewhere around the 3 month mark and been using minoxidil 5% exclusively on my hairline. I'm naturally pessimistic about these things but have to say at this point -- there is absolutely no doubt the stuff is growing hair on my hairline.

My experience was, well it just started growing hair wherever the stuff hit. No dickin around with white vellus hairs or anything. Just started growing pigmented dark hair where I've been applying it. The stuff continues to grow longer, and in another 3 months or so, it will be long enough to really have a cosmetic benefit.

The only two things I would mention is that the growth is there, but not super dense. If all the hair I see now grows out to full length, it'll add coverage, but not thick coverage. It will still be thin. It is, however, moving my temples forward and making my hair look 'younger'. Second thing is its causing hair to grow where its not supposed to grow on my face... like where it runs down my face there is excess eyebrow hair growing, etc. Which can just be shaved off, not a big problem.

A pretty cool drug, overall. But of course, it will take months and months to really see the end result. Your input?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm using minoxidil, copper peptides and dutasteride (just switched to finasteride due to side effects). I saw regrowth at about 3-4 month mark.