The second shed - need some honest and straight answrs

maidiZ

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Around eight month s ago i started a regimen with finasteride and rogaine. I shed hair (as normal) but it stopped and my hair grew back and the result was freaking amazing during this summer. Now the past week Ive started shedding lots of hair again; Thick hair in different length (both tall and short hair). Ive read around in the forum to search for an answer and have found that alot of people are experiencing the same issue. BUT NOBODY has written how long it lasted or if it stopped at all and this situation is really tearing me apart, feel like giving up really. I have a diffuse hairloss all over the head

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing currently. I've been on propecia for about 11 months and rogaine for 7 months. I've been going through a rogaine shed for about 2 months and it has made an aesthetic change in my hair. I think it's starting to slow down but I definitely haven't recovered. I haven't found many write ups on this either. I think people on post when they're stuck in sheds and when they recover abandon the forums. I have found a couple comments of people who have recovered from the second shed. There is a lot of consistency amongst people who experience the second shed I've seen. They all appear at about the year mark of propecia and the 5-6 month mark of rogaine. I'm definitely going to continue but hope it subsides soon. I've lost some good ground on my hairline and don't want much more. We'll see hear in a months time if I'm better.

maidiZ

Reaction score
Yeah I completely agree with you and since its happening so frequently and by the same time it should be just normal and we should recover. Though it really is frustrating this happends! :)

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
dunno if anyone knows. the only real pattern i can figure out is that yes, there's a second shed around the year mark, and yes, it seems to be scarier and longer than the first. mine seems to have slowed down somewhat, but hell, i'm approaching the 2 year mark now. my hair doesn't look as good as it did a year ago. density all over is way down.