The Sensation of Balding

Some_Dude

Reaction score
Does your scalp feel any differently when you're balding? My hairline is tender to the touch often now and I can only assume that it's a sign of recession. Am I alone in this or do other people feel it as well?

Just curious.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're probaly feeling the scalp being inflammed. It's a co-result of dht binding to your folicals

Scuffernoose

Reaction score
so there IS a sensation with balding?? i am a diffuse thinner for the last year and a half. i am on finasteride for 11 months and just started minoxidil for almost 2 months. i have never felt any difference in my scalp then i ever have untill the last 2 weeks. the area is even with the back of my right ear and about an inch up. three different days in that time i have touched that area, and felt what seemed like someone took one pin and barely pricked my head right there (as if it is only one hair). i dont feel it anywhere else except that one point in my head. it seems like kind of an odd place for that to be happening if that is what it is, because it is no where near my thinning area. everywhere else has been fine. is that the same thing that you are discribing, or could it just be an infected hair for another reason??