The shed

oni

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been taking Avodart (dutasteride 0.5mg) and Proscar split 4 ways (finasteride 1.25mg) a day for 3 months with good results no real shedding and regrowth with no side effects. I then changed to Dutas (because of the cost) generic Avodart (dutasteride 0.5mg) by Dr Reddy's this was just before I went to Barbadous (I am from the UK). When I was on holiday I started to shed ( I kept my drugs below 25c). I have now been shedding for three weeks. I think this is very strange please help! I kept taking the Proscar? as well

G

You will shed in very hot weather. But I take it you are back in the UK now?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Shedding three months or so after you start dutasteride or finasteride is a fairly typical timeframe for it and, going just from the few users on this site, dutasteride seems to kick off a shed that lasts a good couple of months.

Oh and you could drop the finasteride, with dutasteride's level of DHT suppression it's rather superfluous.

Slarti

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
Hi all

I have been taking Avodart (dutasteride 0.5mg) and Proscar split 4 ways (finasteride 1.25mg) a day for 3 months with good results no real shedding and regrowth with no side effects. I then changed to Dutas (because of the cost) generic Avodart (dutasteride 0.5mg) by Dr Reddy's this was just before I went to Barbadous (I am from the UK). When I was on holiday I started to shed ( I kept my drugs below 25c). I have now been shedding for three weeks. I think this is very strange please help! I kept taking the Proscar? as well

do you have progress pics?

Bryler

Reaction score
oni said:
Hi all

Hey Oni...how's things progressing? It could be seasonally related or simply a normal synchronized shed cycle. I just began a noticible shed about three weeks to a month ago. I'm calling it either the former or the latter. The thing is, the psychology of the shed makes us want to "fight back" against it and we switch up our regimen or add something or at the very least return to the boards if we have been absent for a spell. Making changes during a shed cycle can really muddle up an objective evaluation. I know it sucks when we make a change and we go through perhaps a coincidental shed when we are already looking out for the worst to evaluate the change in treatment we've made. I've been taking brand name Avodart since I switched to dutasteride for that very reason...and just dealt with the expense. If it was just a seasonal or "scheduled" shed you should be seeing at least some reduction in shedding by now...any word?

btw...like Slartibartfast stated earlier...3 to 4 months is around the time I also experienced an initial shed when starting both dutasteride and propecia before that. I've been making progress and have had a number of shed cycles since...

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
if i am constantly shedding should that be a concern?

hairs fall out non stop. its not a ton of them ( i did have one big shed when i began finasteride over a year ago ... but now im on dutasteride)

im ok if the drug needs to 'reset' my hair, but i dont like the steady loss.