The shedding phase???

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for about two months and my hair has definitely shed...big time. The hair I have left isn't falling out much anymore, which I take as a good sign, but how long until the hair I've lost because of the minoxidil starts growing back??? I'm using Toppik and it does work, but I don't like having to use so much of it. It's hard to tell how much is left in the 25g bottle, but it's a pain in the keister. It's better than the shine off head blinding people, but damn...
I'd just like to know what to expect in terms of how long before my hair starts growing back.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
just wondering, does minoxidil effect only the areas you apply it to or your entire scalp? in the sense that are the areas you're applying only, shed?

so if I was to use minoxidil on the side of my head near the ears would my scalp hair be shedding in any way?

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't really know.
When I put on minoxidil, I use it on every part of my scalp that is showing. That includes the front even though minoxidil supposedly isn't for that. I've been told it has the potential to regrow hair anywhere on your head.
If we're real lucky, maybe somebody who has more experience with it will post here and provide some input.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Three months?
Wow.
I guess I'll buy a barrel of Toppik and gut it out, then.