THE SIMPLE FACTS

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
1. Your here, and your doing something.
Unlike 90% of everyone else with a hairloss problem.

2. Nothing works, Iv'e been on finasteride and nizoral 1 month and it's
just getting worse.
Well it works for just about everyone else, so why not give it a little
time?

3. Been on finasteride and now I've got b**ch tits and no dick.
Unlucky, you've probably got more chance of being hit by a bus!

4. My girlfriends dumped me cause of my hairloss!
Great, it's better finding out now who reallly cares and who does'nt
give a toss!

5. I'm losing my self confidence!
Sometimes it's good to, you'll come out of the other side twice as
strong!

6. Why is there no way of reversing this.
There's never been a better time than right now. Your here, plugged in
talking to British, American people, and god knows who else trying to
deal with hairloss right now, this minute!

6. Nothing works!
Stick with it, be patient, don't spend your life here!

[/b]

G

hehe

"Been on finasteride and now I've got b**ch tits"

If i can get a pair of tits and a 3rd arm i am dumpin my gf i wont need her any more

PS

I wish i was a dog bath time would always be fun :)

G

Withnail said:
1. Your here, and your doing something.
Unlike 90% of everyone else with a hairloss problem.

you know, I really think it could be even higher, especially here in the UK, maybe 96-98% and those that are fighting the good fight probably just get propecia from their GPs and don't look any further.

I must know 6 or 7 people who are thinning or full-on balding and guess how many are using at least propecia, none!

G

Its because a lot of people are to shy to ask there docotrs about it. I have a friend that is lossing his hair and i tryed to talk to him abaout it he shot me right down.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score

If at least 2% of people were getting hit by busses there'd be a daily bus-crushing mortality rate of about 5 million people.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
FleshEatingRobot said:

If at least 2% of people were getting hit by busses there'd be a daily bus-crushing mortality rate of about 5 million people.

Sounds about right...

G

FleshEatingRobot said:

2% (1 person in 50) of Finasteride users do not get gynaecomastia.

2% suffer sexual side effects of the kind you see people mention on this board, things like watery ejeculate, mild testicular pain, infirm erections and so on.

These sexual side effects tend to be temporary, I myself had mildnutacheâ„¢ for a couple of weeks when starting Proscar.

The notion that developing gynaecomastia is as likey as getting hit by a bus is prehaps a little inaccurate, but not as inaccurate as suggesting 1 person in 50 using Finasteride develop gynaecomastia.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
True, I think the official word is >2%, but that could still easily be about 2% and apparently a lot of people debate how true any of that is. Personally, I really don't know what to think about it, and I don't want to ignite another gyno-war, but I'm just saying gyno is a legitimate concern. Just because you're aware it's a possibility doesn't make you delusional or paranoid. I definitely, definitely don't think fear of side effects should keep anyone from ever at least trying finasteride. I guess what I'm really getting at is that people on this forum seem really divisive between the "Everybody's getting gyno!!!" and the "Gyno's a myth!!!" types.

G

FleshEatingRobot said:
True, I think the official word is >2%, but that could still easily be about 2% and apparently a lot of people debate how true any of that is. Personally, I really don't know what to think about it, and I don't want to ignite another gyno-war, but I'm just saying gyno is a legitimate concern. Just because you're aware it's a possibility doesn't make you delusional or paranoid. I definitely, definitely don't think fear of side effects should keep anyone from ever at least trying finasteride. I guess what I'm really getting at is that people on this forum seem really divisive between the "Everybody's getting gyno!!!" and the "Gyno's a myth!!!" types.

No, what I am saying is that the TOTAL sexual side effects are 2% (this may be more like 3 or 4% but that's another debate) of that 2% a small percentage may develop gynaecomastia to some degree.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you had watery jizz, then you had a side effect.

finasteride side effects: 75% chance you will have h20 jizz

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
can watery jizz really be considered a negative side effect? come on guys..

I don't think its a bad thing because weak sperm will never reach the egg anyways?

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hpower said:
youngguy_uk said:
can watery jizz really be considered a negative side effect? come on guys..

I don't think its a bad thing because weak sperm will never reach the egg anyways?

Hey, infertility as a benefit of finasteride!

That's a new angle...

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
who says watery jizz = weak sperm!?!? no evidence to show that finasteride means less fertility, or reduced sperm count. dont be making such wild guess-based inferences.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's really a negative side effect, but it is definitely a sexual one and if it's really supposed to only be occuring in 2% of people I think it casts some suspicion on Merck's side effect numbers. I'm always kind of surprised how many people here openly acknowledge that the tiny percentage of men Rogaine claims experience scalp irritation is bunk, but refuse to even question the propecia studies.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey it only takes one sperm to make a baby....thing is our sperm dont have eyes..thats our real problem not a finasteride side effect.