The STARBUCKS mystery

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
I tend to hate multinationals but STARBUCKS is an exception.

I live in Madeira and we don't have any Starbucks here, so this company is somewhat exotic and mysterious to me. BUT when I go abroad, Starbucks is a must.

The big question is: how and why did these guys become so big?

I believe one of the reasons is reliability. When we go into a Starbucks anywhere in the world, we always know what we're going to get.

Fair trade could be another reason. Apparently, they only use fair trade products and many people respond to that. Is this information correct?

Any other ideas?

HughJass

Reaction score
mcdonalds use fair trade coffee

but they still pay their employees slave wages so it kind of cancels out

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not surprising that McDonald's became a global monster, fast food was a relatively new/revolutionary concept at the time and it worked. Starbucks, by the contrary, is just a regular cafe.

oni

Reaction score
Belmondo said:
It's not surprising that McDonald's became a global monster, fast food was a relatively new/revolutionary concept at the time and it worked. Starbucks, by the contrary, is just a regular cafe.

A regular cafe................................................. :uglylol:

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
Belmondo said:

A regular cafe................................................. :uglylol:

Did I miss something?! The service they provide is no different from any other cafe in the world. It's good but nothing exceptional or revolutionary, as far as I could tell.