The story of Nertus

Nertus

Reaction score
Hi, all! Just have to say what a great place this is. I've been a frequent researcher on this forum, and would like a little insight on my situation.

I am a 22 year old male, and am a Norwood 3. I've got a good amount of thinning on the top of my head, and I very noticable receeding hairline. What was once think hair all around, is now thin fluffy hair on top, working its way back. I've been losing since I was 19,and its really become noticable within the last year and a half. I started out with the minoxidil liquid, but just starting out in college didn't leave me much money to spare so I was on and off up untill 2 months ago.

Here are my basics.
I am currently on minoxidil foam
Use Nizoral 1% 3 times a week
I've got a receding hairline, thinning hair on top
My soar scalp concerns me
My suppliments are 2000mg of MSM 1000mg of Vit C, 400mg Vit. B I weigh 140 lbs and am 5'10

2 months ago I decided to get on some sort of regimen. Fearing the sexual side effects of finasteride (are the side-effects old news now??), I opted for minoxidil foam. The first month was good, with shedding only lasting for 2 weeks. The second month I decided to try spectral DNC. My head didn't agree. I had shedding the whole time I was on it. I am now in my 3rd month, back on the foam. I am still shedding a bit in the front, but it has calmed down a lot, and nothing like when I was on DNC.

I am fully aware it takes time to see results, and I am willing to go through the shed to get there. My only concern is my sore scalp. My scap is regularly sore, and I am noticing increased hairloss in the sore areas. The sides of my head around the ears and the back have been sore lately. This is where the thickest of my hair is, and its now starting to fall out. This leads me to believe I am a diffuse thinner. Can anyone offer insight to my sorness. I only apply the mimox to my hairline and crown, not the sides where I am feeling the sorness.

I'll get some pics up soon. I am just looking for a little advice on my condition. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. This place helps me a lot and I do value other peoples opinion.

G

Hmm, Finasteride improved my itching significantly, but since you don´t wanna take it.....

Yeah, sounds like a diffuse thinner indeed. Post some pictures and we will tell you for sure. At best we can tell when your hair wet and you use Flash. Good Luck, mate!

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are in my position but I am using finasteride. I took a while for the sides to go away but Ireally don't think they are there anymore. I had to decrease dosage and then up it again but all seems to be well. Oh, I don't use minoxidil though. Just finasteride and nizoral and alot of supplements.

Nertus

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

I'm not totally opposed to finasteride, but I figure I'd chose my sex drive over saving my hair. I've read up on a bunch of instanses where people have seen the side effects subside, so I'm becoming more inclined to give it a shot. Right now I can finally afford a steady supply of minoxidil, so I am aiming to try that for a year and see what happens.

I am going to take some pics now, and put them together with the pics I took about 2 months ago. I think they will show the effects of the dreaded shedding process.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm at 2.5 months on finasteride and have no change on my sex drive.. i have no side effects at all unless the first/second week a little testicular pain/discomfort but disappeared after one week

should give it a shot

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

Nertus said:
Thanks for the comments.

I'm not totally opposed to finasteride, but I figure I'd chose my sex drive over saving my hair. I've read up on a bunch of instanses where people have seen the side effects subside, so I'm becoming more inclined to give it a shot. Right now I can finally afford a steady supply of minoxidil, so I am aiming to try that for a year and see what happens.

I am going to take some pics now, and put them together with the pics I took about 2 months ago. I think they will show the effects of the dreaded shedding process.

why did you start imaging sides BEOFRE you even start?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im 26, been on finasteride almost 2 months now (1mg/day brandname propecia), no side effects whatsoever and i like to think i'm noticing some thickening.

i delayed starting for months while i freaked myself out about side effects, but it just hasn't been the case.

in my opinion the ones who experience sides are the loudest posters - so you get a skewed view of reality by reading these forums.

best of luck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Half of the people are scaring themselves to death, psycological thinking is more powerful than we think.