The ultimate anti-DHT regimen without propecia.Advice please

lukey

Reaction score
I appreciate that whilst propecia works very well for a substantial amount of people, some of us are unable to make use of it because of side effects encountered. Therefore I am trying to create the most effective, anti DHT regimen without propecia. Here is what I have come up with.

1) Using xandrox instead of regular minoxidil, in case azelaic acid does actually offer any additional benefits
2) Topical spironolactone 5% applied to temples daily
3) Caffeinated shampoo
4) Nizoral Shampoo
5) Zix with high concentration of saw palmetto applied daily
6) Emu oil used occasionally for reported anti dht benefits

I would appreciate your thoughts on this regimen. I have recently had to stop using propecia, as much as i didnt want to because it had helped me stabilize and maintain very well indeed. Therefore this regimen is aimed at trying to protect against DHT in the absence of propecia. Any comments, suggestions, criticisms welcome

Thanks

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you

I'm using fluridil at the moment and I seem to be having positive results (it may be a bit early to tell because I have only used it for 2 months so far)

I also use tricomin and nizoral

I'm considering adding crinagen as well in combination with fluridil so I have an anti-DHT treatment and a receptor blocker

Britannia

Reaction score
A lot of people on here who cant use Finasteride or can use it but have poor results have reported success using Revivogen.

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
trentender said:
A lot of people on here who cant use Finasteride or can use it but have poor results have reported success using Revivogen.

I think it is rightfully the 'king' of alternatives to propecia.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The ultimate anti-DHT regimen without propecia.Advice pl

lukey said:

Who on earth ever tried to claim that emu oil has anti-DHT benefits?? Sounds very unlikely to me. As a couple of the others have mentioned in this thread, Revivogen might work in that regard, but I'd forget the emu oil.

Bryan

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trentender said:

Polyunsaturated fatty acids may also have potential as chemotherapeutic agents for targeted follicular destruction by photooxidation.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
trentender said:

Polyunsaturated fatty acids may also have potential as chemotherapeutic agents for targeted follicular destruction by photooxidation.

Is anyone else getting sick of this BS?
Dave this forum is used by people without PhD in Biochemistry, it is used for layman to get advice on hairloss. Nobody is impressed by your pseudo-scientific crap.

lukey

Reaction score

Bryan said:
lukey said:

Who on earth ever tried to claim that emu oil has anti-DHT benefits?? Sounds very unlikely to me. As a couple of the others have mentioned in this thread, Revivogen might work in that regard, but I'd forget the emu oil.

Bryan

I have read on a number of occasions about the positive effects that the fatty acids have against DHT. Is this not truw then?

Anybody have any more comments on any other components of the regimen?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

lukey said:
I have read on a number of occasions about the positive effects that the fatty acids have against DHT. Is this not truw then?

Certain free-form fatty acids, sure, but that doesn't include emu oil.

Bryan

misterium

Reaction score
free-form means what?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fatty acids as they normally occur in Nature (and I'm talking about the entire spectrum of fats and lipids, whether they're of animal or vegetable origin) are mostly in the form of mono-, di-, and triglycerides. That's a molecule of glycerol (also known as glycerin) with either one, two, or three fatty acids chemically bound to it. FREE fatty acids (not attached to glycerol) usually occur only in trace amounts in natural oils, like maybe 1% to 2% or so. That's not enough to do much good for our specific purpose, because only the FREE fatty acids inhibit 5a-reductase. The glycerides are virtually inactive in that regard.

Just for the sake of completeness, though, I'll add the following caveats to what I said before:

1) Before Dave jumps on me about this, I'll acknowledge the possibility that certain esterases in the skin could help break-down topically-applied fatty acid glycerides (from stuff like emu oil?) into free fatty acids. However, there are some test results showing that if it happens at all, it must not be to a very significant extent.

2) There's a study showing that the fatty acid profile of saw palmetto indicates an unusually high percentage of "free" fatty acids. If that really is true, then that's an unusual property of that one specific substance. As I said before, most natural products have only trace quantities of them.

3) Part of the benefit of topically-applied fatty acids may be that they also seem to have an inhibitory effect on androgen receptors, not just the 5a-reductase enzyme. To what extent (if any) that specific activity requires "free" fatty acids, I don't know.

Bryan

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trentender said:
Dave001 said:

Is that your way of saying that you disagree?

trentender said:
Dave this forum is used by people without PhD in Biochemistry

Phew! I was concerned that'd have to obtain a doctorate in biochemistry from an official HairLossTalk.com accredited institution to maintain my posting privileges.

trentender said:
, it is used for layman to get advice on hairloss. Nobody is impressed by your pseudo-scientific crap.

Are you going to offer an explanation of how my post is pseudoscientific?

I think you're just bitter because I pointed out your habitual misspelling of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in a separate thread (which BTW, was an incident clearly unrelated to typos, and there was a reason for posting corrections).

Old Baldy

Reaction score
trentender said:
Dave001 said:
trentender said:

Dave this forum is used by people without PhD in Biochemistry, it is used for layman to get advice on hairloss. Nobody is impressed by your pseudo-scientific crap.

It's not pseudo-scientific crap. I don't know alot of the words Dave uses until I RESEARCH their meaning. Once I understand the meaning of the specific words, (which can reduce the need for verbose, boring and confusing explanations) his statements make sense.

Haven't you ever read medical abstracts? I'm sure you have. We just have to spend a little time researching the meaning of technical terms and it usually "brings it on home" IMHO.

Now the above statement merely states certain fatty acids potentially limit the damage caused by photooxidation. Makes sense. Wouldn't have made sense in the days before I did some research on male pattern baldness and physiology. (And I ain't no Phd!! :D )

Btw, photooxidation is oxidation caused by exposure to light. How did I know that? I did a 10 second search on the internet.

Opens up a whole new category of oxidation. Light can cause oxidation. One word explained that in Dave's post. Look how many words I had to use by not using the technical term.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
To the original poster, the answer is simple:

1) Revivogen 2x daily
2) Topical spironolactone 5% lotion 2x daily
3) Nizoral Shampoo once every 3 days

The ultimate non propecia 5-alpha reductase inhibiting antiandrogen regimen with zero side effects.

By the way, I would pay good money to have another 50 posters who know as much as Dave and Bryan do. Despite the hard to understand wording, its a hell of a lot better than some pseudo medical student coming here and spewing tons of hogwash like it were fact.

:)

HairLossTalk.com