Theagx's Story

theagx

Banned
Reaction score
I have to be careful with how many times I repeat myself coz the mods are walking around behind me deleting some of my posts.

The cliffs:

- I'm 30yo.
- At around 26/7, barber said I was balding. I thought he was insane.
- Around 28, I noticed it.
- At 29, around April 2012, I got on finasteride, bought from what I hope is a legit site. Later I got on Min too.
- When I first started finasteride, I had a headache for 3 straight days - but no sides. Not even now. So this worries me.
- Min has done NOTHING. I haven't used it in the last 2 months.
- The online pharmacy I get finasteride from no longer supplies finasteride so I ordered dutasteride from there and have been on it (0.5mg) for 2 weeks. NO SIDES. WHAT THE ****? IS this NORMAL??
- I don't know if the finasteride stopped any more diffuse thinning for the 9 or so months I was on it. It's too early to know if dutasteride is helping.
- My hair is **** ALL OVER, but the hairline is holding on for dear life.
- I can mask my ..sorry, I HAVE TO mask my balding before I leave the house. It is too noticeable.
- I ordered nizoral last week and hope to get it within 10 days or so.

Can SWAPPING FROM finasteride TO dutasteride mean that I am unprotected for a while (against DHT???)

Here are pics of me, fresh out of the shower, hair washed. I took these pics this morning:

IMAG0212_zps9ded56e0.jpg

IMAG0211_zpscc70313d.jpg

IMAG0210_zpsf23f3b5f.jpg

IMAG0209_zps9a35c7db.jpg

IMAG0208_zps10d00a43.jpg

IMAG0216_zps414f5e95.jpg

If you're gonna say: "you're black just shave it off and be a bald athlete", please ****ing press back on your browser and **** OFF and LEAVE ME ALONE. I don't NEED THAT ****. **** YOU. I want my hair. This **** is consuming me. I'm in a PERMANENT ANXIOUS STATE. I'm scared the meds I'm on aren't legit. I have booked an appointment with a reputable, physical pharmacy in the UK this week, and hope to get Propecia (possibly finasteride. They don't do dutasteride) from them.

I am scared that I've been using a sugar pill for a year because I have no sides, no regrowth and I don't know if I am maintaining. I am SO ****ING SCARED.

This is how I look when I blacken my scalp so I can leave the house:

IMAG0213_zpsd8f5c325.jpg

IMAG0219_zpsb878f33a.jpg

IMAG0220_zps7a54b126.jpg

I'm 6'3 so most people can't see the crown thinning. Please, don't tell me to "just be bald and tall and live in fairytale land". I want HAIR. I don't need much hair, just enough to frame my face and not show scalp. inb4 ink hair tattoo. That **** looks CRAP and is fake. I want hair.

Please help me. Sorry for being abrupt, I just hate all the typical replies I get because of my complexion and height.

Can I be saved? What do you recommend?

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact that you have the same diffuse pattern on the back of your head makes me question whether it's male pattern baldness. Is the area where the thinning is red? Are there pimple like sores? I'd see a Dermatologist if you haven't already.

theagx

Banned
Reaction score
The fact that you have the same diffuse pattern on the back of your head makes me question whether it's male pattern baldness. Is the area where the thinning is red? Are there pimple like sores? I'd see a Dermatologist if you haven't already.

Hi. No redness that I can see and no sores. Thanks, I will see a Derma if I can. Thanks Ben.

I really appreciate your help. I am literally in PANIC. 24/7. **** SAKE.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
you're black, just.... never mind

yes see a dermatologist. The best thing you can do - might not be male pattern baldness

forget what's happened in the past, just concentrate on teh future. If it's confirmed as male pattern baldness, I would drop the dutasteride and restart Finasteride. Give it a proper go

either from Boots or get 100% legit generics from this site:

http://ukfinasteride.info/prescriptions/index.php?

(note to admins - this site sells prescription finasteride which is OK to mention here as I understand it)

theagx

Banned
Reaction score
you're black, just.... never mind

yes see a dermatologist. The best thing you can do - might not be male pattern baldness

forget what's happened in the past, just concentrate on teh future. If it's confirmed as male pattern baldness, I would drop the dutasteride and restart Finasteride. Give it a proper go

either from Boots or get 100% legit generics from this site:

http://ukfinasteride.info/prescriptions/index.php?

(note to admins - this site sells prescription finasteride which is OK to mention here as I understand it)

Thanks so much. Why do you say drop dutasteride for finasteride? Isn't dutasteride stronger??

Thanks everyone who replied. I appreciate it. I feel like DOG **** right now.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Brah you are veryfortunate to have a good head shape and height, so your looks won't worsen dueto male pattern baldness. Anyway, i have not seen any African men with your kind of hairloss, itsseems rare (diffuse thinning among african people). Anyone in your familiy withsimilar pattern? Also how is your diet?, have you attempted to adopt a healthylifestyle? If you want to beat male pattern baldness, you have to adopt a holistic approach

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
yes dutasteride is stronger, but potentially riskier. It isn't officially prescribed for hairloss and hasn't had the same trials than finasteride has had