Thebump98's Story - (25)

thebump98

Reaction score
Hey ! I have been reading this site for about 2 weeks now , I have learned a lot and must say this is a great place to talk about hair loss.

I'm thinning all on the top but ! my hair line is not receding at all ?? and my temples are strong ?? I need your help...

well I first really started noticed thinning about year ago [24] ,
I started a very low sodium diet since around Jan'08 [and I only did that to just be overall more healthy] shorty after i noticed a change in my hair ?? i had nice dense hair when i was 23 [just turned 25] I'm not blaming it on that diet i went on but it's all i have to go by right now looking back.

I didn't think much of it but has slowly getting worse esp. the past months .. very concerned.. =/ very stressed ...

I know the all about the 'big 3' and a lot of the success people have had on this page , I am just against chemical drugs , [but if i really have to for this i will] my mom is a herbal / natural type [her hair is as thick as a horse , shes 54] so she raised me like that , iv taken vitamins most my life and am nervous about taking proscar , I'm seeing a Doctor. thurs. [recommended by my mom so he is more of a naturalist type] ,
other than that i would like to get all of your input on my situation. thank you

here are my pics earlier this month [note; in these pics i purposely made sure my hair was greasy and wet in some and styled it to best show my thinning]

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd15 ... 1240876794

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
its unfortunate that the "natural stuff"
isnt very effective

the chemically engineered products are the best

dont let anybody tell you that saw palmetto will bring back your hair
it wont ...... trust me

IMO finasteride is what you need bro

cheers mate

thebump98

Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic , thank you for responding and your opinion..
I'm really really considering finasteride , should i just start with finasteride and nizoral ?
no rogaine yet ? my hairline and temples r strong , i don't get it...

anyways how long have you been on it ? and how much success ? sides ?

thebump98

Reaction score
anyone ever heard of a very low sodium diet to cause hair loss ? no receding or temple , diffusing on top / top sides.... any help with my story would be great

thebump98

Reaction score
ok so i'm about to start this regimen..

0.25mg finasteride [propecia] daily

minoxidil at least once a day [either foam or Kirkland][switching between both - not sure this is a good idea ??]

Nizoral 3 times a week

any opinions ??

I'm a diffused thinner w/a good hairline , all of my loss has been in the past year / year and a half but it was quite aggressive

my main goal is to get back the density i had a year/year and a half ago

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
if your hairline and temples are strong, the big 3 should do a good job on your top thinning then

thebump98

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide weather i should get on that regimen..

apple Procyanidins - Circumin - Soy Isoflavones - Cayenne
beta Sitosterol - saw palmetto - alfalfa - emerald balance

OR

the big 3

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd start without the minoxidil for now and evaluate if finasteride alone works for you.
Once you start on minoxidil you can't stop as your hair becomes dependent on it

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
thebump98 said:
I'm trying to decide weather i should get on that regimen..

apple Procyanidins - Circumin - Soy Isoflavones - Cayenne
beta Sitosterol - saw palmetto - alfalfa - emerald balance

OR

the big 3

which regiment do you think has a better track record?

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
eth0 said:
I'd start without the minoxidil for now and evaluate if finasteride alone works for you.
Once you start on minoxidil you can't stop as your hair becomes dependent on it

Only the hair that it has regrown....

thebump98

Reaction score
well well well , i bit the bullet [finasteride] and i feel great about it , haha

took my 1st [.25mg] of it Monday night.. going to start low let my body get used to it then increase to .5 or 1 or maybe stay at .25

thebump98

Reaction score
yep ! wish i started back in April when i joined this site , but oh well..
and I'm just doing finasteride. [.25mg for now] and nizoral. [about 4 times a week]
, no Minioxdil...

so bodyDysmorphic , what's the update on your situation ??

thebump98

Reaction score
too late haha i started minoxidil late april .... my finasteride one year anniversary is this month , damn ...

thebump98

Reaction score
well im def. below baseline from last year at this time when i decided to start finasteride... but i feel like minoxidil is starting to help since i started it very late april .. so I've only been on that for a little over two months.. im hoping it will turn things around and the finasteride will really kick in .. trying to be hopeful