Thedigm's Story - (23)

paradigm

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm a 23-yr old male. 2 years ago at the hair dresser she made a comment "Oh, your hair is thinning on the top", and I laughed and said "No it isn't, its super thick". But who knows, could've been starting prior to that.

Ever since that happened I've been super attentive to my hair and observing the hair loss pattern. One time I visited the dermatologist (2 years ago), and she said it was nothing to fuss over. I think she's wrong.

Anyway...

What I've noticed is the hair on the front has in fact been thinning out - and more so on one particular side. When I stroke my fingers through my hair it feels thick, but if I get nit-picky and use my fingers to feel the scalp, I can feel more of a 'thinning' sensation.

I've attached a picture, and tried to make it look as bad as possible... I purposely parted the hair, and went into a bright light so you can see it:

http://clip2net.com/page/m0/5980093

As you can see I have super thick hair on the back and sides.

I'm trying to evaluate how "severe" my hair loss is. When I feel my hair up, it feels like the front to middle of the crowd is what's being affected. The rest is all super thick.

Sometimes I'll toss my hair around just to see how many hair pieces come out --- usually I can see quite a number... and I'll be silly and roll it up and notice it's quite a bit coming out (I couldn't really guess or count... like 10-15?)

Anyway, I would love to know where to start. I see a lot of people here have different situations. I know that a hair transplant is not the way to go here.

Ideally... I just want to MAINTAIN what I currently have. I can live with that, no problem.

Is this feasible? Is it possible to MAINTAIN what I currently have? Or is that too ambitious? The idea of taking daily drugs like finasteride or Propedia for rest of my life is a strange reality I guess I may have to get used to.

How aggressive do you think my hair loss is? What are your thoughts from what you see?

By the way, no one's picked up on this amongst peers/colleagues yet. Only I seem to have since I'm overtly nit-picky.

And thanks again for your input - much appreciated.

Here's another pic of my hair when its just tossed downwards:

http://clip2net.com/page/m0/5980188

- Rick

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: New Here... First Time - Please Take A Look @ Pic

Yea man its definately feasible to maintain, i woudlnt be suprised if you thickend up a bit aswell because youve been very slowly thinning and its pretty minor as is.
Maybe start using Nizoral shampoo every few days and start low dosage on finasteride say 0.5 and move up if you dont experience sides.

I personally would chuck in a nightly app of rogaine foam or some other minoxidil if you wanted some thickening but maybe just see how finasteride and nizoral goes for now.

paradigm

Reaction score
Re: New Here... First Time - Please Take A Look @ Pic

Defiance, thanks for your reply.

Very slowly, eh? Hmm...

What is Nizoral shampoo? Has anyone had success with it?

How does finasteride work? The impotence side effect I read about is iffy!

Does Rogaine Foam actually work?