TheDr.Gnome's Story - (19 / Temple Loss and Thinning Top)

TheDr.Gnome

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I'm 19 years old and just like my father, brothers, cousins, uncle and grandfather, am beginning to experience the wonderful occurance known commonly as Male Pattern Baldness (f*** Yea! :hump: )

It all began around Christmas when I started noticing a few more hairs than usual making the great escape from my head while I was showering. I thought nothing of it until my mom and sister commented on how thin my hair looked.

I immediately freaked out and started searching the inter-web for the illusive miracle cure to male pattern baldness, quickly realizing that the process of regrowing and even maintaining hair can be costly and relatively complex not to mention the fact that there are hundreds of scams around preying on the desperate.

I was choked cause my bros may be able to rock the shaved head but that look just isn't for me!

Anywho, I went to the doctor and the doctor said: "Get on the big 3 and it'll cure your bald head!" So I got a prescription for Propecia and started using Nizoral 2% Shampoo every third day in combination with 1-1.5 ml of minoxidil on the temples and around 1 ml on the top.

I'll throw some pictures up of me at the 2 week mark in my regimen.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 19 with Temple Loss and Thinning Top

TheDr.Gnome said:
Anywho, I went to the doctor and the doctor said: "Get on the big 3 and it'll cure your bald head!" So I got a prescription for Propecia and started using Nizoral 2% Shampoo every third day in combination with 1-1.5 ml of minoxidil on the temples and around 1 ml on the top.

Your Dr. recommended the Big 3?!?! Consider yourself lucky because your doctor is 1 in a million.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

You are on the right track. Don't listen to ZOMG PROPECIA WILL KILL YOU!! people and stick with your regimen. That's the best available treatment available right now.

TheDr.Gnome

Reaction score

Thanks boys!

My Dr. didn't exactly reccomend the big three but told me that dutasteride and finasteride are commonly used for prostate conditions and should be used with care by someone at my age. However since I told him I wanted to try it and am over the age of 18, he prescribed it and told me to log my sides which as of yet are non-existent except for a bit of watery spunk...

He did on the other hand reccomend the Nizoral and minoxidil combo and said that this alone would help but interestingly he told me to steer clear of Saw Palmetto cause I had asked him about Provillus.

Wonder why?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Saw Palmetto and its effects have not been studied completely yet.It is totally professional of him to not recommend you something thats not been proven.He was just doing his job.

TheDr.Gnome

Reaction score

Nice!

Well that's reassuring. I thought my Doctor was a pretty good guy but this definitely proves it! I'm gettin close to the 2 week mark so I'll put some pictures up on Monday.