TheKidFromDK's story

TheKidFromDK

Reaction score
Fnally decided to make my own story after reading a lot of others. :)

I am a 21 year old young man from Denmark. My hair have been receding and thinning since i was 19 i think. My father and uncle are both at Norwood 3. There fathers are both bold. So yeah I'm pretty much doomed... I live a pretty healthy life. I workout and eat pretty good with lot of greens. I even used to play proff. football from 17-20 but stopped so i could focus on my new university life. But i still run and play tennis, football whenever i can.

I am a Norwood 2-3 i believe:

IMG_0202.jpgIMG_0203.jpg

My current Regime:

Finasteride Actavis 2.5mg a day (since january 2014)
Minoxidil 1mL 2 times a day (since 30 august 2014)
Ketoconazole Lipogaine shampoo everyday (since january 2014)
Dermaroller every sunday (since 30 august 2014)

Since I've been on finasteride Actavis i haven't noticed ANYTHING, which is frustrating. No shedding, no regrowth, no side effects, no NOTHING. Lipogaine shampoo have is really good, because it makes my hair look thick and good. Don't know if it help with hair loss, but a good product i think.

I hope this will be the beginning of a new success story, and i will keep it updated. Hopefully some of you who read this have some good ideas for me or tell me if i forgot something.

Sorry for my english btw!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn you are hitting finasteride pretty hard at 2.5mg/day. You are just 8 months in though. Try to be patient and give it more time.

TheKidFromDK

Reaction score
Was frustrated because i didn't saw any shed or regrowth after 7 months at 1.25mg so i bumped it up. don't feel anything neither with this amount. But yeah i will try to be more patient. But i won't lie, i definitely feel panic rushing through me, at the moment.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good luck Kid, with your new life focus ( @university). NotCool is right that you haven't passed the "cut-off" timeline for achieving n improvement (may happen even up to approx. 18 months out, in some cases). Noticeable change or not just remember that maintain is a positive gain in itself and while on that note I'll ask you, have you noticed any further M.P.B. in the past 3-6 months of finasteride. use, in other words, in your opinion has your Norwood level advanced or stayed the same. Thanks for sharing and all my best.

TheKidFromDK

Reaction score
Good luck Kid, with your new life focus ( @university). NotCool is right that you haven't passed the "cut-off" timeline for achieving n improvement (may happen even up to approx. 18 months out, in some cases). Noticeable change or not just remember that maintain is a positive gain in itself and while on that note I'll ask you, have you noticed any further M.P.B. in the past 3-6 months of finasteride. use, in other words, in your opinion has your Norwood level advanced or stayed the same. Thanks for sharing and all my best.

thank you Walker.
I am not quite sure wether its worse, but i am confident that its not better at all. I found pictures on my iPod right before i went to the doctor to get finasteride:

IMG_0107.jpgIMG_0108.jpgIMG_0109.jpg

but yeah you guess are as good as mine :)

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow dane. Our regime is almost alike. I'm on 2.5mg Actavis too, but I can't get it subscribed to me anymore, which is pretty frustrating. Have your doctor said anything to you about this? I'm pretty frustrated by this, because I'm running out of pills soon, and therefore need a new receipt.

Just a bit of motivation: 2.5mg might be a bit to much, I don't know. But I haven't had a single side effect from it, and I've been on this for 1,5 year. So don't worry.

TheKidFromDK

Reaction score
Hey TMNK!

I recently just got a new receipt from my doctor. I actually wanted him to give me dutasteride, but he refused. He had no problem about prescribing finasteride to me though. I hope its not something every doctor is going to do then.

Why didn't he want to prescribe it to you anymore? What exactly did he say?

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
It's actually not the same doctor, it's because I had to change doctor when moving to a new city, and now this new doctor won't prescribe it to me because of the bad press. Kind of frustrating, but I got an appointment soon, so I'll talk possibilities with him then.

Btw. Like you, I have been a bit worried about the effectiveness of Actavis Finasteride, because I haven't had a single side effect at all when taking it. So I might try a new brand this time, just to make sure I don't take som ineffective drug (maybe I'm just paranoid, but I bet you know the feeling).

TheKidFromDK

Reaction score
Definitely know the feeling bro. I don't use Actavis anymore either. Try to write your old doctor to get at new prescription. Thats how i renew my medicine.