Theory: Oxygen Intake and finasteride Itching

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
This theory only applies to people that noticed itching after starting finasteride. It also only applies to people that don't have any outstanding skin disorders that would cause said itch.

The other day, while pulling freeway duty, I was listening to the local radio station that has TV broadcasts. The show I was listening to was "extreme makeover". In the episode, there was a woman with sunken-in cheeks, (and a host of other uggo problems) that needed a special kind of cosmetic surgery.

The surgery (from what I gathered/understood) involved taking a faux-skin like material that is implanted in the woman's face/cheeks until it literally merged with her normal skin tissue and made the alteration permanant.

Now, the woman smoked and was instructed by the doctor to quit. Immediately. If she didn't the new tissue would be deprived of oxygen, and would die, forcing them to remove it and promptly cancelling her makeover. It was said that as little as on cigerette would kill the tissue.

The woman, as expected, smoked. Depriving the tissue of oxygen. She started complaining her cheeks itched.

This got me to thinking about all this talk about male pattern baldness, and the lack of oxygen going to the follicles.

On a whim, when my itching flared up in the last few days, I would take several slow, and steady breaths. And I'll be damned, each time I've tried this, the itching stopped for a short while. I've only been doing this odd experiment for the last few days, but as odd as it is.. it's working.

So, as much as I've hoped and theorised that my itching was good, (there is also evidence I've noticed of this) I am now wondering which is the true answer.

Discuss..

:hairy:

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
well many people point it to the fact that the blood flow doesn't get there as well.....so i mean oxygen is carried in blood so i agree with that...but the question is how does more blood get htere then...i would scalp therapy helps...and the removla of dht .....

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the body's increased blood flow from the increased breathing increases the oxygen amount accordingly.

(if I understood your question correctly)

I'm looking for a supplement that increses oxygen absorption.