TheProphecy's story.

TheProphecy

Reaction score
Hi,

20 years old and noticed my hair thinning when I was about 17 years old.
It never bothered me much until about 6 months ago when I really started to see my scalp and bald patches under bright light.
I have also been losing hair in the shower (even before starting treatment). About 30-40 everyday

So I started taking Proscar (1.25 mg) every night and have been on it for the past 3 weeks.

Here are my pictures:
http://img546.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... g2637z.jpg

What do you guys think? Should I try something else? Kirkland (Liquid) Minoxidil? Rogaine Foam Minoxidil? Nizoral?

As you can tell from my pictures, most of my balding is right behind my hairline in the frontal area and on the crown. I also have thinning on my sides but I forgot to take pictures of that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask any questions.
I really need to fight this as it is very depressing.

Keratincookie

Reaction score
Re: My Story with pictures. Please read and help!

Hi there...

It may sound like a strange question
but how do you count your shed hairs ?
And do you do this religiously - every day

Speaking from experience.....
I personally think it's one of the most
Crucial things we can do in getting hairless
Under control..

Regards

:bravo:

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score

Keratincookie said:
Hi there...

Under control..

Regards

why is this important

Cassin

Reaction score

mashang said:
Keratincookie said:
Hi there...

Under control..

Regards

why is this important

Its not. Its a waste of time.

dboy

Reaction score
Get some toppik or caboki fibers ..that'll cover your bald spots since you got plenty of hair left to adhere. Use rogaine . Have you experienced any sexual side effects from the finasteride?

TheProphecy

Reaction score
dboy said:
Get some toppik or caboki fibers ..that'll cover your bald spots since you got plenty of hair left to adhere. Use rogaine . Have you experienced any sexual side effects from the finasteride?

Thanks for the reply.

I just ordered Toppik and the spray applicator. What hairspray do people recommend with it?

I also just ordered Kirkland 5 % Liquid Minoxidil. Should I use Rogaine Foam as well? I was thinking Rogaine during the day and Kirkland during the night. What do you guys think? Or should I just stick to Kirkland?

In terms of shampoo, I use Nioxin Cleanser and Scalp Therapy (System 2). Any thoughts on that? I was thinking of adding Nizoral 2 % (3X a week)

Thanks in advance.

dboy

Reaction score
The foam is good, but i heard that that the liquid is sometimes harsh on scalp...It caused me scalp itch and red scabs...but you may react differently....Yea...keep using nioxin and add nizoral 2x a week.....The foam seems to make my hair thicker and fuller too....after you blow dry it

TheProphecy

Reaction score
I don't think I have experienced any sexual side effects from finasteride. At times i feel like I have but I think it might just be all in my head after reading so much about them so I am going to try it till the 3 month mark and see where I stand.

I'll try liquid and foam both and hopefully I won't suffer from any sides.

I am really excited to start using Toppik.

dboy

Reaction score
As far as hair spray for toppik..you can use any kind on the toppik...good luck on your regime....

Rawtashk

Reaction score
You need to count your hairs (or at least get an idea of how many you're shedding in the shower) so that you can get a better idea if your treatments are doing any good. I wouldn't recommend doing it every single day, maybe just once a week. Too much obsession over it isn't a good thing.

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
TheProphecy said:
I also just ordered Kirkland 5 % Liquid Minoxidil. Should I use Rogaine Foam as well? I was thinking Rogaine during the day and Kirkland during the night. What do you guys think? Or should I just stick to Kirkland?
Good thinking. I'm doing the same - liquid at night, foam at morning. I don't know how convenient to you is the Kirkland liquid during day, but to me it makes my hair wet&greasy and it looks just horrible, so foam is a good solution during the day, and believe it or not, it somehow adds some volume to the hair. You can try it, you may not need any Toppik after foam at all. (for example due to thinning my scalp is slightly visible at the vertex, but after the foam it's pretty invisible and I had quit using Toppik because of this).