There has got to be one good salon per continent!

HT Veteran

Reaction score
I know that folks in this forum are generally biased towards internet/mail order pieces due to the many stated cost and quality advantages of this method over dealing with hair replacement salons. I have first hand experienced the high pressure sales, the ridiculous piece, the poor after sales service and the blatant overcharging that occurs at two of these hair replacement salons.

When I had hair, I would not cut my own hair but would, rather, go to a barber shop every two weeks or so for a cut and some ongoing style advice. When my hair transplants grew in, I would continue to go to a barber shop every two weeks for a cut and a style. Now that I have some hair pieces from mail order shops in hand, as a busy professional, I find it awkward that I am on my own to cut, style, attach and maintain my piece unless I resort to consulting some rip off salon. If I could do a good job of cutting my own hair, I would never have gone to a barber. Producing a convincing piece style and cut is another level of complexity.

With the proliferation of baldness going on, there has to be a business case for a salon that offers honest service for hair piece wearers. I just want to have my hair piece cut in and then show up every week or so and have a professional maintain, re-attach and style my hair piece.

I find it pessimistic to say that every salon business in existence follows the same model of ripping off clients while providing unsatisfactory results. Has anyone been to a salon in North America that was reasonably priced (not necessarily cheap), and consistently produced good results?

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just find a good barber or hair stylist that you can trust and speak to them and i am sure they would gladly help you out without any need to rip you off and also protect your privacy if that is also a concern.
From what barbers and hair dressers have told me in the past there really is no difference at all when cutting in or upkeeping the style.