They All Suck....

Redbone

Reaction score
IMHO all thickening shampoo's suck and I have tried a bunch including, Back to Basics thickening shampoo, Vive from Loreal, Thicker Fuller hair brand, Crew thickening Shampoo for men. None seemed to do what they said they would. I have tried some leave in type conditioners that actually do leave the hair very thick and healthy but they were discontinued.

Anybody have any suggestions on a thickening shampoo that actually works?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I still like and use Diametress by Nexuss. I tried all the others and this one seems to be the best for my hair. I use it with Nioxin Scalp Therapy conditioner.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Loreal works for me..but then again my hairloss isnt THAT bad so i guess it would work better with the more hair you have.

Thickeners are not miracle workers.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use Vive, and I like it. But my loss isn't incredibly bad yet either. Also, the commercial is a joke- the guy brisks his thick black hair back, and you can't see one damn sign of hair loss or thinning on him whatsoever. I'm not 100% certain that the commercial tries to say that it is for hair loss, but I'm pretty sure it says it is for "thinning hair".

I'll have to give the others a shot, like Nexxus.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well the mistake people make is that they look towards the maximum instead of looking at the realistic....that Loreal commercial said increase your hair by 50%,but thats very optimistic.Me if a shampoo gives me thickenin AT ALL im happy and means it worked.

viperfish

Reaction score
Give xenna 183 shampoo a go! http://www.xenna.com I love the stuff and really thickens the hair. It contains coal tar and L-toc stuff that seems to work great. That L'Oreal sh*t does not do anything for you if you have light colored thin hair. The xenna shampoo will cost you $25 bucks for I believe 2-3 months worth. Great shampoo.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
viperfish said:
That L'Oreal sh*t does not do anything for you if you have light colored thin hair..

And it makes you smell like a french hoar...way too much perfume in that stuff.. For me it was by far the worse of all the thickening shampoos...But that's just my opinion.

Redbone

Reaction score
I will look into this Xena stuff. Loreal vive did nothing for me and made my hair a bit lifeless I thought. I now use Lee's shampoo and on the off days I use Nexus Diametress works good- but I want something that works better, dammit.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You said about conditions that DID work......which were they...and are there any that arent discontinued that you would suggest?

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
Vive by Loreal works good for me...i used that stuff for a couple of days, then switched to a regular shampoo, and totally noticed the difference. Sure, it doesnt do miracles, but it does thicken the appearance of my hair.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think basically it comes down to the trade-off of either having thicker-looking hair, or styled hair. Unless you guys can recommend a gel or something that gives you both control and thicker-looking hair. I'm a diffuse thinner, so once I put any gel in my hair, that's when the thinning is apparent.

Redbone

Reaction score
I used a product from Paul Mitchell called Botanical Body Building Treatment. But the market wasn't big enough so they discontinued it.