thick on the sides, thin on top

youngnat

Reaction score
Hi there, ive recently had strip hair transplant done, albeit small and will need another session in a few months (400 grafts per session), unfortunately im in nz and the australian hair transplant doctors dont have the big teams like the states or the uk to handle mega graft sessions.

anywaysss..... im 30 years old, have thick donor hair on the sides and back so have plenty to put on top so to speak, however im thinning on the top (small tuft of hair at the front and that thin band across the top and early thinning on top of the crown)

i guess what im asking is has anyone else had total shock hair loss from grafting that they look absolutely ridiculously thin on top with thick thick hair on sides and backs????

cant wait to have some growth, albeit small.... my Doctor seems to think it will make a huge difference probably after another session so heres hoping.

cheers for listening.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Jeez another NZ transplant, firstly having strip hair transplant's for 100's of grafts rather than 1000's is totally unaceptable in this decade. And you say that you will need another soon. :freaked:
I think you should post a pic so we can better understand your situation. Even a hair transplant of 1000 grafts will make very little difference cosmeticly

youngnat

Reaction score
yes unfortunately its my situation, im going to check out the other hair transplant surgeon in auckland and get his opinion on when i can do surgery again and how many grafts he is able to do on top

im not totally bald, in fact just mild thinning really, but i do understand where you are coming from i would of preferred more.

but atleast its a start, and not really fussed about the whole procedure as it was pretty damn easy, better then having 0 done.

G

You should check with Dr. Woods-- they only do fue and sessions of 500-600 grafts per day.

They are very, very expensive, but I agree with the idea that in today's market, doing strip surgeries for 3-4-500 grafts is not the best approach. IF someone does not care about a scar and is fine with it, then fine---(remember the best docs will produce a nearly invisible scar for 500-600 grafts b/c the is really no tension)

This isn't an argument for strip, more a justification for the cost savvy or those who don't care.

HOWEVER, a patient should be away of both choices even if a clinic only provides one method.

Take Care,
Jason

youngnat

Reaction score
ah well, hair transplant wasnt a big deal tho i thought the pain was gonna be substantially more, they gave me a sedative and then administered the local and it really (well to me) was nothing more then like going to the dentist.

apparently for my hair the smaller sessions, i should be able to get away with 2-3 sessions to reach satisfactory density the Doctor said.

a while back (before my surgery) i went to a place in nz (australian company) called advanced hair studio, they sold me some hair laser treatment plan, 6 months of minoxidil, gave me some dht blocker and put my head under what i describe now as a series on laser pointers onto my head. I paid 4 grand for that rubbish (at the time i really didnt know anything, no research just was some scared fool who wanted his hair back!) i wanted to believe it worked... but in heinsight should of spent it on my hair transplant, like the laser comb they have brought out i believe its a massive waste of money, im sure there are plenty of suckers out there like myself. what a waste of money that was...... sheesh.

s.a.f

Reaction score
youngnat said:
yes unfortunately its my situation, im going to check out the other hair transplant surgeon in auckland and get his opinion on when i can do surgery again and how many grafts he is able to do on top.
Dont limit yourself to 2 docs neither of whom seem seem up to much. You should be researching the big names from the U.S and Canada. Had you gone to one of them your situation would be rectified by now instead of having to worry about another op. :thumbdown2: