Thickening Shampoos Unite!!

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Now this might sound like a dumbass question and im sorry but...i use loreal vive for men....and i was wondering how to get maximum fullness out of it?i mean what do you guys do with your hair after you shampoo with a thickener?...do you blowdry....lightly towel dry?

What can i do to maximize the thickeners in the shampoo?

viperfish

Reaction score
Well for one thing I would recommend the thickening gel by L'oreal Vive. It is pretty good stuff, not great but good. This helps to maximize the shampoo, but of course if your really thin nothing will help much at all as I have discovered.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice old school reference...with the gang bang

.....there prolly your basic white cotton panties but ...maybe ..maybe its silk..maybe itss a thong...maybe ..maybe itssss something really cool i dont even know about!

viperfish

Reaction score
""What ahh, I thought we were in the trust-tree with ah tha nest? Are we not?? I..I..I don't know where I was going with that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that now that I'm married I'm definitely freaked out that I'm going to have sex with only one person....... :roll: ......for the rest of my life!""

G

Anyone here from the United States of Britain who knows where I can buy any of these thickening products??

cheers

Ty

misterium

Reaction score
I use Loreal Vive for Men Thickening & Grooming Gel

I like it so far.

You said it's not great but good.. WHAT is great then as far as gels go ?

viperfish

Reaction score
I said it is not great because it does not provide much hold for my thin shitty hair. I mean I put the gel in and walk out side and if there is any wind the gel does nothing to hold my hair in place and then you can really see scalp.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive never used the suave thickeners before...are they better then Loreal's?

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes the suave amplify shampoo is pretty good. I forgot about that one, but honestly I would recommend that xenna shampoo. Another good one is Alterna restore shampoo, very good one. Of course Suave costs about $3.00 and the others at least $20.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BUT!!!is it better then loreal's thickening shampoo?

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used both L'oreal and Suave's Amplify and thought the L'oreal was much better. I have dark hair that is diffuse thinning.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Another vote for L'oreal, specifically the Vive for men shampoo and condtioner for thinning hair. I was using patene for thinning hair for a few months and it certainly made my hair puffier, but the vive is way better. My hair looks thicker and it lays down a bit more naturally.

MH

oni

Reaction score
I found with the L'oreal Vive for men. If you add any type of Conditioner after shampooing it takes away the effect of the thinkening. H&S for thinning hair is quite good anyone tried it?