Think I might be going through a shed

G

It could just be me, but it appears like my hair suddenly just got a little bit thinner. Two (well I guess 3) possible explanations for this:

1.) Seasonal Shed?

2.) The Revita and NANO (lite) shampoos I've been using for about a month are now working and causing the shed.

3.) Caught the Jm03..... syndrome.

It might be #3 and just be all in my head, but I can certainly tell that my hair is has certainly thickened up from when I started treatments (minoxidil first) back in November. I hope it is #2 which should mean that in a couple more months I will thicken up even more.

The vellous continues to get thicker and thicker so hopefully more of these will reach full terminal in a few more months.

It's a bit disheartening to experience a shed but we just have to be patient. I started minoxidil in November and finasteride in Feb, so I can only imagine what my hair will look like come Feb. 08. If it's not sufficient to me I will probably add Folligen.

G

It seems as though mine has subsided since my post. Now I just need to wait for the thicker hairs to come through!!

What about you FC?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
It seems as though mine has subsided since my post. Now I just need to wait for the thicker hairs to come through!!

What about you FC?

I have the same experience.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
its prob that revita..haha...havent heard much good news about it so far.

Uhhhh, if the Revita is inducing a shed, isn't that in itself good news about it....... :freak:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
its prob that revita..haha...havent heard much good news about it so far.

Uhhhh, if the Revita is inducing a shed, isn't that in itself good news about it....... :freak:

Well I havent heard any regrowth stories yet....so well have to wait and see. Thats why I decided to hold off on revita for now.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:

What about you FC?

Yeah, last couple of days I've thought to myself my hair is looking better than ever.

Then I shower with Revita and it thins my hair out because of the ket.

Oh well, that's the price you pay. I'm looking forward to using Revita less but I want to get the most out of it. I don't think using ketoconazole shampoo most days is a problem, but it's not good for hair aesthetics. I've been using ket shampoo most days a week for months now, no problems, aside from constantly thin hair.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah went through a shed last week. It's pretty much ended now. I'm where i was in march as far as looks and density so it doesn't look that bad but it is noticeable that i have shed.

We'll see how i bounce back.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
FairTaxNow said:

What about you FC?

Yeah, last couple of days I've thought to myself my hair is looking better than ever.

Oh well, that's the price you pay. I'm looking forward to using Revita less but I want to get the most out of it. I don't think using ketoconazole shampoo most days is a problem, but it's not good for hair aesthetics. I've been using ket shampoo most days a week for months now, no problems, aside from constantly thin hair.

Funny, most people claim that nizoral gives a good thickening effect to hair. I really don't notice a difference.

G

I don't see a difference either.

FC, do you pre-wash before using Revita? And do you use a good thickening conditioner after Revita?

I used Jason TTT conditioner after, and the shampoo before. Though now that I leave the Revita on my scalp for up to 10 minutes I don't feel like leaving any conditioner on my hair for any longer than a minute or so.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
I don't see a difference either.

FC, do you pre-wash before using Revita? And do you use a good thickening conditioner after Revita?

I used Jason TTT conditioner after, and the shampoo before. Though now that I leave the Revita on my scalp for up to 10 minutes I don't feel like leaving any conditioner on my hair for any longer than a minute or so.

FairTaxNow, I used to do a pre-wash but for more than a month I've been doing the 2 then 5, as they suggest. And have been using it pretty constant, although the last 4 days I've used NANO twice. I don't want to go overkill on ket, although I do want to useRevita for the other topicals in it.

When I get some more money Revita will be just another tool in the arsenal but right now it's pretty (too) important.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Regarding hair thickening, I'm on dutasteride and before that propecia so I don't have a problem with thin hair, just missing hairs.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[quote="Follically Challenged":462a9]
FairTaxNow said:

What about you FC?

Funny, most people claim that nizoral gives a good thickening effect to hair. I really don't notice a difference.[/quote:462a9]

By thickening do you mean over time (as studies show that it does) or you shower today and your hair looks thicker. Because I think most people here will tell you that it makes your hair thin, dull, and lifeless. It's a pain in the ***, I've been dealing with shitty hair since I began ket which was a long time ago now. (Like 9-10 months I figure...maybe even a little more.)

And FairTax, no I don't use a conditioner. I don't want to risk screwing things up by throwing extra stuff into the mix.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":46e72][quote="Follically Challenged":46e72]
FairTaxNow said:

What about you FC?

Funny, most people claim that nizoral gives a good thickening effect to hair. I really don't notice a difference.[/quote:46e72]

By thickening do you mean over time (as studies show that it does) or you shower today and your hair looks thicker. Because I think most people here will tell you that it makes your hair thin, dull, and lifeless. It's a pain in the ***, I've been dealing with shitty hair since I began ket which was a long time ago now. (Like 9-10 months I figure...maybe even a little more.)

And FairTax, no I don't use a conditioner. I don't want to risk screwing things up by throwing extra stuff into the mix.[/quote:46e72]

No, i mean cosmetically thicker after using it....ive read that many times on here....i use nizoral 1% and it doesnt dry out my hair...i dont notice any difference in my hair no matter what shampoo I use.