Thinking about getting some work done on temples

question7

Reaction score
I was 19 when I noticed the front of my hair start to thin, got on finasteride a little whole later and haven't seen much, if any, further thinning.

But...my temple region receded back ~.5 inch or so. Given the fact that my hairline was already very M-shaped (pre male pattern baldness) it doesn't look to good, and bothers me as it limits the way I can style my hair. I have some extra money and have considered getting some work done to fill in the temples a bit, but I am not sure.

I live quite close to H&W, but I am starting to have my doubt if a strip procedure is worth a bit if hairline touch up. Granted, I don't believe the strip scar would be very large for my procedure.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/dscn0102f.jpg/

I'd like to fill in the temple regions a bit, maybe `~ half an inch or so.

Any comments/suggestions?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
My concern is your family's history of male pattern baldness, and the length of time that you've been on finasteride. I've been on it 3+ years, but I'm still not comfortable getting some temple work done because I'm terrified that sooner or later my genes will catch up and I'll be left with a perfect hairline....and that's it :-x.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
You are way too young to get your temples filled in IMO. Stick with the meds for a few years and then see where you are.

question7

Reaction score
Further loss is a big concern of mine, but after nearly a year and a bit of seeing no further loss, and only thickening I have begun to rethink it. It would be, as I said, quite minor.

My family history is quite odd. My grand father has a hairline very similar to mine, but more m-shaped. His hairline has seemed to stand the test strangely enough but his crown and frontal area have been hit hard.

My father has a good head of hair. Standard thinning and mature hairline for a man of almost 50 but I would say better hair then most his age.

My other grandpa is quite bald but with an island of hair right in the V of the hairline, is quite strange and he combs it back, looks odd.