thinking of cutting back regimen

jx

Reaction score
i was thinking about cutting out minoxidil. it's not because i'm not seeing results. I've only been using it for about 5 weeks, using finasteride for about 6. it's just a hassle to have to hide it from people and it also flakes the sh*t out of my scalp, even with nizoral, and also having to apply it twice a day.

So, I think i'm just going to go with the finasteride, nizoral, and maybe something else, probably the l'oreal vive thinning shampoo. I've heard good things about that shampoo for thickening. If i need to maybe i will even use toppik once in a while.

Is there anything else I should add to my regimen? I was thinking of Tricomin, but that is really expensive per bottle and I am a college student on a budget. Vitamins or shampoos or anything else that anyone can think of?

Help or opinions would be very appreciated. Thanks

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are going to cut out the minoxidil I would try to add Tricomin to your regime. There needs to be some sort of growth stimulant and cu-peptides seem to be growing in importance. The will for sure help with the scalp irritation.

Hope this helps,
T-Bonner

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just started using Tricomin but have read a lot of stuff about it. I got the tri-pack which comes with a shampoo, conditioner and the spray. I m not sure how long its supposse to last, but Im guess about a month and half to two months, I could be wrong. Someone else may have a better idea....anyone???

T-Bonner

Cassin

Reaction score
jx said:
how many bottles of that do you use per month?

bottles of what exactly? minoxidil or Tricomim or Folligen?

Tricomin, Folligen etc.... those things you will use like 1 1/2 bottles a year. Pretty good for the cost. That stuff is so cheap.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin,

1 1/2 bottles of the spray per year!!! Is that with a 2 times a day applycation? Man, that is really good for the money!

Thanks,
T-Bonner

Cassin

Reaction score
brasileirao said:
Cassin,

1 1/2 bottles of the spray per year!!! Is that with a 2 times a day applycation? Man, that is really good for the money!

Thanks,
T-Bonner

Ok keep in mind I haven't used Tricomin yet (bottle on the way), only used Folligen and American Crew(ProCyte formula).

1oz = 30 ml = 6 sprays right?

So an 8 oz bottle of Folligen will last 8 months IF you use 6 sprays. I get great coverage with only 3 or 4 sprays.

IMO, when added with other products such as minoxidil or finasteride, twice a day nets you not much more benefit that one ap a day. More than likely when used with these other producst 4 aps per week is fine, send an email to Dr Pickart and he will says the same thing. I need to use it almost everyday due to irritation. I have used Folligen a lot (bought in Jan)and I have only used 3 or 4 oz total so far I think. Plus I have most of my American Crew version left and I go that a month ago, and that is an 2 oz bottle.

I know HairLossTalk.com's product store says 1 1/2 months but that is way off.

EDIT: I am only talking about the spray, not the shampoo. The American Crew shampoo I tried might have been the worse shampoo I have ever used.

G

cassin said:

So an 8 oz bottle of Folligen will last 8 months

IF you use 6 sprays. I get great coverage with only 3 or 4 sprays.

More than likely when used with these other producst 4 aps per week is fine,

These numers don't add up?

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
cassin said:

? Whats wrong?

ok 6 sprays = 1 ML...leave me alone :)

jx

Reaction score
so, anyway. how long should one bottle run a person.

while we're on the topic, how many times a day are you supposed to apply it?

jx

Reaction score
also, if you regrow hairs with tricomin, are they dependent on the chemical like new hair is minoxidil dependent?

G

cassin said:
tynanW said:
cassin said:

? Whats wrong?

cassin those numbers mean a bottle would last 2 weeks at 4 aps per week!!

are you still smoking that xxxx I sent you?

I hear ken is looking for a guy to do his success percentages, give him a call

Ty :hairy:

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
cassin said:
tynanW said:
cassin said:

? Whats wrong?

cassin those numbers mean a bottle would last 2 weeks at 4 aps per week!!

are you still smoking that xxxx I sent you?

I hear ken is looking for a guy to do his success percentages, give him a call

Ty :hairy:

sheesh......what a week.........I am have been at the hosptilal for the past 3 days non-stop with little sleep for 2 diff people....I need to give it up........The only entertainment I have is my laptop...leave me alone :)

Look......the stuff last a long long long time,...........buy the sh*t...... :)

G

cassin said:
sheesh......what a week.........I am have been at the hosptilal for the past 3 days non-stop with little sleep for 2 diff people....I need to give it up........The only entertainment I have is my laptop...leave me alone :)

LOL

I am gonna get me some of that there foll-i-gin!!

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
cassin said:

LOL

I am gonna get me some of that there foll-i-gin!!

lol

My sis and one of my close friends ae both having babies this week. Sadly one lives in Houston and one in Dallas......sheesh........6 hour drive by the way........back and forth....

david60176

Reaction score
Jx,

I had the same problem you have with minoxidil. The twice a day application is a pain in the *** and I was flaking like crazy, even with nizoral. I switched to Dr. Lee's Xandrox15 which only requires one application per day. Also, I lowered the dosage to .5-.7ml. I personally think that 1ml is excessive for people who are only a Norwood 1-3. The lowering of dosage really helped the flaking situation.