thinking of getting a system even though its early sort of

ithappens

Reaction score
hey you guys may not know my story, but basically i'm a 21 yearold male who is losing his hair at a ridiculous rate. i attribute my hair loss and the problems i am currently having with it to a course of accutane that i took for 6 months from this past august to febuary. over that time and since being off i lost a tremendous and i mean tremendous amount of hair, probably around 60%. i still have 100% coverage, but i am losing so much hair throughout each day, and there is a continuing thinning area of my crown which is becoming much more visible now.

anyway, i tried taking propecia at only .25mg, but i think with that and the combination of whatever the hell accutane did to my body i had major major tiredness due to it. so i'm currently thinking of shaving the top part of my head and getting some sort of a hair piece. they say the hair may come back within 6 month's time but considering the rate it is falling out and the fact that i have seen virtually zero to very little regrowth has me thinking this could be permanent. so my thinking is if i can find a good hair system now i will be able to avoid the stigma of going bald and balding etc.

the main concerns i have and if anyone could answer some of these questions for me i would appreciate it would be
1. Are there any particular hair pieces that are of longer length because i always have liked to wear my hair long, and i figure i might as well if it's going to permanently be in one shape.

2. Is it possible to play a sport and run regularly with a hair piece? This is my main concern as a college soccer player because we are constantly working out and running outside sometimes in hot weather. Is it possible to run around and more so play a sport in these things? making it further complicated is that i am a goalkeeper and i am diving around constantly and yes at times the ball does and can whack me in my face. is there any way one could wear a hair piece in that situation.

any answers or info to any my questions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

G

i am a mom with a son near your age, he already put $1,700 for a glued on hair topper, it's gonna be like this...they shave the top of what's left of his hair, then glue on a human hair piece. it's a well known place, on tv etc. amen a goaltender! love it, my son kicked *** being that.....anyhow, i do not know as of this time, we're still waiting for his cyberhair to come in. also, the maintenance is $207 a month, because these pieces don't last for long. i'm struggling with the whole thing, yet he is going into debt for only one year, until i find another way. believe me, he became suicial when his hair started to leave his head in a matter of about 1 year, and yes, it's bad.
i'm going to be the bull dog when his first piece comes in. because, then they'll want us to sign a maintenance contract to the tune of $200 a month for one year. that's a hell of alot of money. i'm lost at this point about the whole thing, but, had no choice. i'll let you know, it'll be about a month from now, and my question, why would this piece take 2 months to arrive. does that make one more desperate to sign on for the upkeep?
i wish you well,
bijou
sorry about spelling, write in a hurry!

Cassin

Reaction score
Time to shave the head and move on lad.

I will look awful when I completely shave my head since its a bit oddly shaped but I will have to deal with it since a piece seems like a waking nightmare to deal with. My head is basically shaved now but not razor shaved yet.

A shaved head looks fine as long as the fellow is in shape. Were not talking a body builder but not puffy.

My luck, I can't get a tan either since I just freckle so at the worst it looks like a light tan of the spray on is in my future.

And you know what, one time I was suicidal about hair loss but I move on. You can change that mid set.

G

i can't agree more with just shaving the head and go on. this is what my son will eventually have to do, and yes, his mindset will change.
i want to see when they do shave the top if there is spots of dark roots and then no spots where he lost it all. it takes alot of courage at first to go ahead and do it, but many men look great and sexy with a shaved head. i do believe we're in for it at this hairplace, the upkeep and the expence. i'm getting freaked out by the whole experience and how he had such great hair and was confident, now he seems to have turned into somewhat of a loner.
a good sense of humor goes a long way, i must say, and he has that going on. this is getting to me as much as him, i raised him by myself, that's why i'm so involved. he's my one and only kid did not have an easy life.
great input!

G

i can't agree more with just shaving the head and go on. this is what my son will eventually have to do, and yes, his mindset will change.
i want to see when they do shave the top if there is spots of dark roots and then no spots where he lost it all. it takes alot of courage at first to go ahead and do it, but many men look great and sexy with a shaved head. i do believe we're in for it at this hairplace, the upkeep and the expence. i'm getting freaked out by the whole experience and how he had such great hair and was confident, now he seems to have turned into somewhat of a loner.
a good sense of humor goes a long way, i must say, and he has that going on. this is getting to me as much as him, i raised him by myself, that's why i'm so involved. he's my one and only kid did not have an easy life.
great input!

Cassin

Reaction score
bijous111 said:
i'm getting freaked out by the whole experience and how he had such great hair and was confident, now he seems to have turned into somewhat of a loner.................did not have an easy life.

Same thing happened to me but don't let him sink to deep or it will turn into a lifestyle. I had to snap out of it on my own and it took far too long for me to wake up. Life is precious and a few wasted years in a shell is another tragedy.

ithappens

Reaction score
i find it kind of hypocritical that you're getting a hair piece for your son yet you have the mind set that eventually he will have to shave it off etc. i mean the whole reason the kid is having such a hard time right now is because that's exactly why HE's A KID!!! i can deal with going bald when i'm older in my 40s hell even my 30s late 20s i'll even take, but losing hair due to Telogen Effluvium at 21 isn't fun. and Telogen Effluvium is much different than regular male pattern baldness like your son has, it happens very very very fast. I've lost about 50% of my hair over the past 3 months and there is still no real signs of it slowing down.