Thinning Crown?

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing that my crown seems a bit thin but in a kind of odd way. There's the normal swirl spot and then an area thinning in front of it with the swirl spot as the back-most point. I've heard people talk about assymetrical loss but does this happen very often? I'd just assumed when I started losing my hair back there it would kind of just open up evenly from that spot. Since I've only been losing my hair for a few months I had an odd obsessive habit for a while of constantly touching and gently pulling the area in question, plus I wear a hat a decent amount of the time and I noticed the little metal part on top would rub along there when I scratch my head by just pushing it down with my palm and rubbing it back and forth. Is it possible the hair's a bit thin there just because I've been touching it too much? Or is it much, much more likely a wishful rationalization and I'm, in truth, starting to lose my hair in back to?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I first noticed thinning at the front, then realised the the back was going to (double kick in the balls). I had swirls at the back and a little bald spot followed by a line. The hair pattern at the back is probably like mine with hair growing in different directions. In the Norwood scale most patterns lose at the sides then thin at the back thinning at the same time as the sides.

G

FleshEatingRobot, my 'valley of death' starts infront of the swirl like yours and runs towards the front, so the swirl is intact but right next door the grim reaper has called.

see illustration

swirl.jpg

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
FleshEatingRobot, my 'valley of death' starts infront of the swirl like yours and runs towards the front, so the swirl is intact but right next door the grim reaper has called.

see illustration

swirl.jpg

Route 666...u got that right...

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that diagram pretty well illustrates what my hair's in the early stages of. Damn, I really can't catch a break. I like that "Superthinhair" is trademarked by the way.

G

FleshEatingRobot said:
Yeah, that diagram pretty well illustrates what my hair's in the early stages of. Damn, I really can't catch a break. I like that "Superthinhair" is trademarked by the way.

...did you just use superthinhairâ„¢ without permission ?.....

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i started developing this pattern as of the last 1 or 2 months. :S :S come on propecia, hopefully its just a shed and will regrow...

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been examining the rear of my scalp more closely during the last week, as I've just reached 3 months on finasteride... or should I say even more closely than usual.

My pattern seems similar, and I've been surprised to see the swirl of the crown being the first area of improvement, with the area in front of it lagging behind.