Thinninglight377's Story - (19)

Thinninglight377

Reaction score
hey there guys and girls my name is Sam and I am 19.

Two years ago I didn't think I would start thinning this early, nor did I think it would bother me this much, but it does. So after months of taking the "she'll be right" attitude towards the situation and telling myself that "all guys go bald, I just started a bit earlier," I have landed here in the hopes of finding a permanent, reasonably cheap solution.

What I am mainly concerned about is stopping the process. Going off the information this site provides, Nizoral sounds like a good solution, but I just thought you guys could help me out even further by suggesting a perfect treatment regimen. I have Low to moderate thinning at the front and slight recession at the temples. At the crown there is noticeable thinning also. I can provide pictures if necessary.

Sorry I am not very familiar with the jargon associated with this website because I have just begun my research in this matter.

I would greatly appreciate and look forward to any help this website can provide for me.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Hey there hairlosstalk

nizoral is only really an urmmm... ok i can't remember the word. it only really compliments other treatments, it's not really gunna help that much on it's own probably. to be honest i'd say get nizoral and generic (ie. very cheap) finasteride and then just forget about it. you might not see amazing regrowth, which i imagine makes a lot of people think they weren't losing anyway, but i'd rather pay what- £15 every 4 months or so and have peace of mind than risk it and then have to actively try to regrow as well as maintain a year down the line.
hell, if i'd got on finasteride just a year earlier i'd probably have an extra 1/2cm at the front. which would be appreciated

Thinninglight377

Reaction score
Re: Hey there hairlosstalk

Hmm yeah I am a bit skeptical about finasteride treatment at the moment, but I will look into it more before I go ahead and give it a go. Will definitely be picking up some nizoral as a start though.

I just really want to keep the hair I have at the moment and not let it get any worse in the future.

Thinninglight377

Reaction score
OK so I picked up some Nizoral 1% today. It actually smells pretty good and I found out that I can get the exact same formula under the name of sebizole on prescription for $3 a bottle!

So I lathered it into my hair in the shower and left it in for the duration. As I was washing it out I felt a little irritation, but nothing more than a few itches.

My hair is almost completely dried out now and it feels pretty damn good. My scalp feels relaxed and I feel no need to run my fingers through my hair or scratch at the thinning parts. This is definitely a positive result for me and I will probably just continue to use this product alone until very noticeable thinning occurs.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you check out Finfighter's thread on the most comprehensive guide to hairloss it can give you the low-down on all the treatments and what they are.

Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63313

He did a really good job putting it all together!