This had me reaching for the kettle

Fanjeera

Reaction score
And I was so happy I didn't have that addiction. Or should I rub it in my scalp? Certainly not drinking 60 cups of coffee a day.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In recent years, anti-baldness drugs have been developed. They work by stopping DHT from reaching the follicles and stunting growth.

DHT blockers do not stunt the growth of the hair folicle, if anything it helps to stop follicles from miniturizing.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Boots sell a hairloss spray for women, it contains coffee extract and stinks like stale coffee, I bought some for my thinning vertex, I seem to be allergic to rogaine / minoxidil so I thout i'd give it a try but gave up after a week or so because it stank.

ehero.jpg

Heres a link to the stuff

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In recent years, anti-baldness drugs have been developed. They work by stopping DHT from reaching the follicles and stunting growth.

But they are not available on the NHS and have to be taken for up to two years before they have an effect.

author is obviously misinformed.

anyway, first would be interested in this article - he's been advocating caffeine topicals in his other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45739&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah well, drinking lots of ultra strong plunger brewed coffee clearly isn't the answer. I have a friend who is around the 37 mark who has been NW7 super shiny for over a decade. He drinks the stuff like there is no tomorrow - maybe 6-7 cups of strong black coffee every day. But yeah, sticking it on your head could be a laugh. Doesn't green tea have that going for it?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I may give this a shot as well. I drink 1-2 cups a day, I might take the ground coffee from filter after my morning cup and pour it on 2-3 days a week, If i can ingest it w/ no negative effects, topically I should be fine also. I may use it on my face as well to see if facial hair grows thicker on one side vs. the other.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to get something like caffeine pills and spike a topical with them?