This is what HELL looks like.... Photos inside!

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Alright guys.... I have decided to give this sh*t up. I am in no favor of winning this battle. My WHOLE fukin head is thin, i mean i cant put rogaine everywhere. Also i have been on propecia (finasteride) for about a 1-1/2 years and NADA .... Nada dam thing...... WTF I thought they say male pattern baldness doesnt effect the sides of your head than what the fuk is this.my whole head has been thinning.. ALL YOU OUT THERE CONSIDER YOURSELFS LUCKY BECAUSE I AM REALLY FUKED.

HERE IS MY HAIR WET..

Http://photos.yahoo.com/rags2377

- I am so FUKED!!!

Mickey

Established Member
Reaction score
christ that is severe.You say youve been on finasteride for 1-1 1/2 years but have you seen a doctor or derm in that time?

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you understand why male pattern baldness only affects the top of the scalp? because those are the only hairs that have androgen receptors. If you haven't seen a derm, please go see one, because I would not be so hasty to attribute thinning on the sides and back to male pattern baldness without at least seeing a derm.

G

propecia caused considerable thinning in the back and sides on me also

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, my hair on the sides has considerably thinned too. Mind you, this is not necessarily a bad (male pattern baldness) sign. Hair on the back and sides (the area normally unaffected by the horseshoe) is very different from the frontal and vertex hair. For some people propecia has caused a decrease in facial and/ or body hair. There might be a correlation between these two.

G

You have a decent hair line.

Shave it #1 and no one will know. I can't see any recession.

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Does not look like male pattern baldness to me

ShedMaster

Reaction score
male pattern baldness should not effect the back and sides of the head in the way that your hair is thinning. Not until you are 70 years old. I would get it checked out,

NeedHelp

Reaction score
MICKEY
I saw a derm a year and a half ago and he said not to worry but what the fuk it is a year and a half and now my sides are sh*t as well. My hairline is still the same that is the only thing that has not changed. I have absolutly 0 recession.

NeedHelp

Reaction score
COOLDAR

Nothing out of the norm of would say.... sometimes when i wake up in the morning but i figure that is normal. Why?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Other posters are right. If you haven't seen a dermotologist, go as soon as possible. Your pattern does not look exactly like male pattern baldness.

On the brightside, your head does not appear to be oddly shaped. What is stopping you from buzzing with a #1 or no guard? IMO, that's the way you should go.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Have you always just had very thin hair as it looks to me that your hair is naturally kind of "nappy" like a black dudes hair. That hair shows through alot more. male pattern baldness simply does not effect the sides of your head.
I think a complete study of your case history is in order. Did you have this overall thinning over your entire head at the start of the propoecia use? Could this be a medical condition unrelated to male pattern baldness? Have you suffered through any very stressfull events in the past 1-2 years that could trigger this thinning?
I would at speak to another derm and explain everything to him or her.

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Johnny24601

No my hair has never been this thin on the sides. I remember it being really dark on the side when i put gel in it it was fine. Now if i put water on the sides as you see i look like a cancer patient. I am ready to say fuk it all man i cant take this anymore..... I have had stress but not to the point that i would say it was extremly bad.