This WILL NOT STOP male pattern baldness, but it Dod thicken my existing hair

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let people know the supplement regimen that has slightly, yet clearly noticeably, has thickened my existing hair, while making it healthier as well.

Pretty simple oral regimen of simply

5000 mcg biotin twice per day
3 grams of MSM powder once morning and once at noon
Silica (horsetail, biosil, jarrowsil, stuff like that)
1 gram of vitamin c three times daily
3 packets of plain gelatin powder once per day

doing thos has thickened my existing hair that has not died from male pattern baldness yet, by about 15 or 20 percent. Well, well worth it. The hairline looks thicker, as does the crown area and it damn well feels thicker too and softer.

Figured I would share

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using this regimen? When did you start noticing an effect?

jazz1

Reaction score
High dosage Biotin can deplete the body from panthenic acid which keeps your skin clear. I had cystic acne when I took 10,000mcg so be careful and drink loads of water.

kckcjl94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let people know the supplement regimen that has slightly, yet clearly noticeably, has thickened my existing hair, while making it healthier as well.

Pretty simple oral regimen of simply

5000 mcg biotin twice per day
3 grams of MSM powder once morning and once at noon
Silica (horsetail, biosil, jarrowsil, stuff like that)
1 gram of vitamin c three times daily
3 packets of plain gelatin powder once per day

doing thos has thickened my existing hair that has not died from male pattern baldness yet, by about 15 or 20 percent. Well, well worth it. The hairline looks thicker, as does the crown area and it damn well feels thicker too and softer.

Figured I would share
Silica dosage?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
High dosage Biotin can deplete the body from panthenic acid which keeps your skin clear. I had cystic acne when I took 10,000mcg so be careful and drink loads of water.
This, I had terrible cystic acne on biotin.

el_duterino

Reaction score
biotin works, I take 10k mcg a day
MSM
Chondroitin Sulfate

these 3 in combo help thickening of existing, hair
, no acne issues for me. Panthenic acid can be taken as supplement as well

jazz1

Reaction score
This, I had terrible cystic acne on biotin.
100% go check videos on YouTube and online, common with high dosage biotin as this depletes your panthenic acid.

jazz1

Reaction score
I just take Hairfollic for men by Vitabiotics.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a warning, both MSM and biotin can cause acne, and in my case I have to use biotin and msm very sparingly otherwise the inflammation and acne it causes impedes the cause of hair growth more than it helps.

Bovine gelatin also has glycine which can increase certain steroid hormones that might aggravate hair loss so be sparing with that as well, also if you have any kind of inflammatory joint issues, make sure you limit your vitamin C intake, vitamin C is great for your skin and many other things, but it can also cause high histamine levels which can aggravate hair shedding in some.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I can confirm your statements above

Vitamin C raised my histamine, I took 1g every day in the morning and I can feel tingling in all my part of my Body. 2 days off now and the feeling went down considerably.

I took MSM and Biotin and can feel that my scalp and Forehand is way more oily.

Would you recommend to only supplment in B5 and Ginko and Zinc sulphate to decrease the oiliness. This my biggest concern sor far. The hair is oily, scalp and forhead. Do you recommend anything else ?
Thanks

feelsbad

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I can confirm your statements above

Vitamin C raised my histamine, I took 1g every day in the morning and I can feel tingling in all my part of my Body. 2 days off now and the feeling went down considerably.

I took MSM and Biotin and can feel that my scalp and Forehand is way more oily.

Would you recommend to only supplment in B5 and Ginko and Zinc sulphate to decrease the oiliness. This my biggest concern sor far. The hair is oily, scalp and forhead. Do you recommend anything else ?
Thanks
Vitamin C in fact lowers histamine

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with B5, because it can increase hair follicle turnover and increase shedding if you take too much.

B5 is not one of those supplements that you go ham with.