ThisBlows's Story - (Same old Story I guess.)

ThisBlows

Reaction score
Hi.. new to this sight and guess what! Im LOSING MY FREAKIN HAIR! Since the ripe old age of 16 after i bleached it.... i've had my suspicions this was the catlyst of my demise, although i am now skeptical due to all of the so called "professionals" saying its nonsince.

Ok. Its sh*t for me because i would usually be ok with change, but i just cant get my head around this. I've lived for nearly 3 fking years looking in the mirror wondering why me (who has super reinforced genetics preventing hair loss) It has just taken ownership of me. It's not that im going bald as such, its that i was previously a very humble and friendly individual whom was reasonably good looking... now im a pale ugly *** balding douche.

My hair has allways been blonde and fine, but i had alot of it... over time its just gone to sh.t.. I dont know how all my associates and firends will react... i fear it and their looks of pity. Christ i dont ask for much... but taking away a man's beauty is a real kick in the teeth.

I've only just posted beacuase it is slowly getting worse... i now see like 50 hairs drop after i wet it... Guys, i respect you all because you can empathise... Please help me... im frantic and i don't know what do do as there is no prevelent cure to this stupid, pointless uphill battle which only a minority can understand. :(

oh.. i'll pump out some pics soon..

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol, you're lucky i've never been handsome to begin with.

Which meds are you on and what kind of balding are you experiencing?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
It does blow mate. =) And the bleaching the hair depending on how you did it (some methods are disastrous for hair) but sounds like a case of Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc. Basically, "Since that event followed this one, that event must have been caused by this one." But not to sound like an English class <-- major so Im a geek that way, I am sure just coincidence. I did that to my hair at around 16 and sweared similar. But know it was just bloody sh*t genes =( And also, oily scalp, not much hair to begin with and chronic stress. But not being able to confirm your "reasonable good looks" and now being "pale ugly *** balding douche" without those pics, you can do things. Ever consider a buzz? Workout; eat right diet can make your hair look much better heh, I always lacked a good diet for a while, or at least consistently is key. I had spurts of healthy romps but always ended after a few weeks. I never drank enough water either which effected me in other ways. Forcing MIN 8 glasses a day, I noticed my hair looked healthier, certainly not thicker really or magically growing back but eh. Point is lots you can do while you decide how to combat your hair;

Shouldnt let it change you and own you. I did for a while heck till last few months really and I still am fighting it from bringing me down. You've probably read the big 3 (finasteride/Propecia, Mino, and nizoral). This certainly for the vast majority at least all 3 together works. Varying degrees. Of course, they are powerful drugs. So sides are there and that wonderful stuff... and it takes TIME. So dropping it suddenly can FUBAR you worse than before. So it's a commitment for at least 6 months min imo.

But before that there's a lot to do or try; accept it and move on, (which zen masters can do sure) OR fight it. And find ways for the moment to relax about it while you start the war. Really are yer choices mate. Good luck! Post those pics.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll only tell you start fighting it and don't give up. As someone wrote on this forum, male pattern baldness is a rollercoaster.
It sucks but you don't have much choice...