Thoughts on this guy's protocal?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairloss-research.org/ProtocolMen08.html?

Seems like a all-covering alternative treatments mix. This website mentioned quite a few things we discussed here. He gave explanation for each with backing studies.

I'm personally interested by the anti-inflammation angle of it.

The website's been derelict for some time though. And his continuous recommending of Life Extention products seems suspicious. But I guess no one would be foolish as to go after him by the brand.

Just for your interest.

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairloss-research.org/ProtocolMen08.html?

Seems like a all-covering alternative treatments mix. This website mentioned quite a few things we discussed here. He gave explanation for each with backing studies.

I'm personally interested by the anti-inflammation angle of it.

The website's been derelict for some time though. And his continuous recommending of Life Extention products seems suspicious. But I guess no one would be foolish as to go after him by the brand.

Just for your interest.

I tried 6 months, no results at all. And quite expensive in the end

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's psychologically demeaning to take 10 or 20 pills a day.

I'm currently taking a lot of nutritional supplements, and I've decided I'm going to let most of them expire when they run out. I've let my pine bark extract run out and not be replaced, I will do the same for my velvet bean extract, my arginine powder, my zinc tablets, my powdered greens, my grapeseed oil, and my powdered maca.

I'm unsure about protein powder, vitamin D, glucosamine-chondritin, and fish oil.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried 6 months, no results at all. And quite expensive in the end

Sorry to hear that. Not even the tiniest ones?

(We're not expecting to grow actual new hairs on natural stuff are we!)

- - - Updated - - -

It's psychologically demeaning to take 10 or 20 pills a day.

I'm currently taking a lot of nutritional supplements, and I've decided I'm going to let most of them expire when they run out. I've let my pine bark extract run out and not be replaced, I will do the same for my velvet bean extract, my arginine powder, my zinc tablets, my powdered greens, my grapeseed oil, and my powdered maca.

I'm unsure about protein powder, vitamin D, glucosamine-chondritin, and fish oil.

Why, you felt that those were useless? On what basis did you started them in the first place?

I think it's obviously unrealistic to fight male pattern baldness with supplements only. But I do think it's important to understand hairloss by each one's case and keep adding additional angles of treatment accordingly. There are people out there who claim they halted male pattern baldness with bare supplements or even regrowed but they are few. Don't expect too much...

If we can combine them with a effective AA drug that'd be promising. But I guess those who have success stories to tell with AA don't usually end up on this forum section.

I totally agree that taking 10+ pills everyday is mentally taxing And I like that guy's frankly speaking here:

"I do not consider myself to be a "normal" individual; I spend approximately $185.00 a month on hair growth products and nutrients"..."I am admittedly a self absorbed, sick individual with a full head of hair."