Time difference in fall of recent transplanted hairs

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,
I start a new topic in order to get answers to a peculiar thing appeared in my last hair transplant. I have 4 hair transplants in the last 6 years (I was Norwood 6). Overall I've put over a 5.500 grafts with FUE, among them 1000 were body FUE and 550 beard FUE. My last hair transplant was 1 month ago and I am noticing, for the first time, that a large percentage of transplanted hair (about 50%) remained in my head and have already begun to grow. This was not the case in my past hair transplants, where about 90% of the transplanted hair had fallen within the first month and began their grow after 3 months. In a similar question in the Greek forum, in which I am a member, I have been told that the transplanted hair may fall up to 2 months. Is this true? Do you know anything of a respective case, or from your experience?

yullian-bull

Reaction score
Hi - I see from your signature that you were a Norwood 6 case and now you claim that you are a NW2. Can you please post some before and after pictures from your case? I am a NW6 case myself and I really need to see some results in order to make up my mind for hair transplant. Thank you.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
yullian-bull said:
Hi - I see from your signature that you were a Norwood 6 case and now you claim that you are a NW2. Can you please post some before and after pictures from your case? I am a NW6 case myself and I really need to see some results in order to make up my mind for hair transplant. Thank you.

hi Yullian-bull (what a nickname is that?). In total I had 4 hair transplants (5.500 grafts, almost 11.000 hairs). The last one was done almost 40 days ago. Bellow I post some pictures of “before-afterâ€￾ for the first 3 of my hair transplants. You can follow the pictures of my hair transplants (not the story as it is in Greek) in the Greek forum in: http://www.hairlossgr.com/forum/index.p ... 842.0.html

Attachments

• compare profile.jpg
    compare profile.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 313

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying to post some more pictures but it seems there is a problem with the page (?) ok problem solved!!!

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
I am also posting photos of my last one, in order for you to see the areas I covered and for the rest in order to see what I mean by saying that in this hair transplant a big percentage of transplanted hair remains during the first month (about 50%). The red polygons in recipient area represent the areas where beard grafts implanted in.

Attachments

• P1140533.jpg
    P1140533.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 206
  • P1140537.jpg
    P1140537.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 2 days after  donor 3.jpg
    2 days after donor 3.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 2 days after.jpg
    2 days after.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 2 days after beard hairs in recipient area.jpg
    2 days after beard hairs in recipient area.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 204

yullian-bull

Reaction score
Free said:
yullian-bull said:
hi Yullian-bull (what a nickname is that?). In total I had 4 hair transplants (5.500 grafts, almost 11.000 hairs). The last one was done almost 40 days ago. Bellow I post some pictures of “before-afterâ€￾ for the first 3 of my hair transplants. You can follow the pictures of my hair transplants (not the story as it is in Greek) in the Greek forum in: http://www.hairlossgr.com/forum/index.p ... 842.0.html

He He…My nickname - Yeh, it took me ages to think of that one ;-)

Your transformation is quite amazing. I'm sure you're pleased with it? I'm happy for you mate.

Tell me more please and yes, I will follow - thanks.

yullian-bull

Reaction score
Free said:
I am also posting photos of my last one, in order for you to see the areas I covered and for the rest in order to see what I mean by saying that in this hair transplant a big percentage of transplanted hair remains during the first month (about 50%). The red polygons in recipient area represent the areas where beard grafts implanted in.

That's really cool.
with the beard grafts, Is there a difference in the hair texture or does it grow in the same way?

Thanks

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very impressive, you're now not even on the norwood scale btw (what some call a NW0). You're certainly not a NW2.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
yullian-bull said:
Free said:

That's really cool.
with the beard grafts, Is there a difference in the hair texture or does it grow in the same way?

Thanks
Generally, the beard hairs are bigger in diameter and most of them are single-haired grafts (I had 69 two-haired beard grafts as well). Their advantage compared to the rest of the body hairs is that they grow exactly as the head hairs (I think they have the same circles). My doctor claims that after one year tend to acquire the same texture as the rest of the head hairs. But any way, even now you cannot observe any difference on them apart that are stronger and bigger in diameter (which is more than fine by me).

hairhoper said:
Very impressive, you're now not even on the norwood scale btw (what some call a NW0). You're certainly not a NW2.
He he he….Thanks hairhoper!!! we will see in a few months about my final Norwood. At this moment I feel that I am in NW2 though.

yullian-bull

Reaction score
Free said:

[/quote]
Generally, the beard hairs are bigger in diameter and most of them are single-haired grafts (I had 69 two-haired beard grafts as well). Their advantage compared to the rest of the body hairs is that they grow exactly as the head hairs (I think they have the same circles). My doctor claims that after one year tend to acquire the same texture as the rest of the head hairs. But any way, even now you cannot observe any difference on them apart that are stronger and bigger in diameter (which is more than fine by me).
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply! It sounds really good actually. Would it be ok for me to see some detailed photos of these areas please? Thanks again!!

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
yullian-bull said:
Thanks for your reply! It sounds really good actually. Would it be ok for me to see some detailed photos of these areas please? Thanks again!!

I am trying to upload some pictures but I received the following message: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. do anyone knows what is happening?

OK I upload them in: http://imgur.com/a/l10sB

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Your transformation is amazing!
Your coverage is very good and you really cant be considered more than NW1.5 .
But i am asking how was is possible to do such a job with "just" 5.500 grafts in NW6 phase ?!

I saw vidoes of other doctors where they needed at least 10.000 grafts for NW6 - NW1.5-2 convertion.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
gascoigne said:
Your transformation is amazing!
Your coverage is very good and you really cant be considered more than NW1.5 .
But i am asking how was is possible to do such a job with "just" 5.500 grafts in NW6 phase ?!

I saw vidoes of other doctors where they needed at least 10.000 grafts for NW6 - NW1.5-2 convertion.

Well thank you for your comment. My answer is simple and is related with the comment I wrote in my previous post and cite bellow as well.
1. small head
2. a lot of multi haired grafts (3,4 even 5 haired-grafts). In total, adding the beard and body haired (which also gave some two-haired grafts) I have more than 11.500 hairs implanted in a rather small head.
3. a lot of fluffy-fuzzy nature hairs in my NW6 pattern. During my last hair transplant at DHI they count around 20.000 native hairs in the area (using a pc microcamera by contrasting density and count hair charts, sorry for my English, I hope you understand what I am trying to say). Some of these hairs became stronger during the last 11 months by using a big 3 therapy. So actually, someone can say that the result is 70% hair transplant and 30% therapy, which is the case for many other hair transplant patients…

yullian-bull

Reaction score
Your hair restoration is one of the best I've seen my friend. Really Really good work!! Hats of to your surgeon/team that looked after you. You can tell by your photos, you look at least 10-15 years younger easily. The direction of the hairs is so natural from the crown out. You could never tell you even had treatment done. ;-D If you get a chance sometime it would be great to see some pics of those beard grafts. Ta v much.

yullian-bull

Reaction score
Ignore me on the photos. I was having trouble with your link in one browser - tried another and all sorted now. thanks. They look great as well. Any facial or neck pain?

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
yullian-bull said:
Your hair restoration is one of the best I've seen my friend. Really Really good work!! Hats of to your surgeon/team that looked after you. You can tell by your photos, you look at least 10-15 years younger easily. The direction of the hairs is so natural from the crown out. You could never tell you even had treatment done. ;-D If you get a chance sometime it would be great to see some pics of those beard grafts. Ta v much.
Yullian-bull thank you for your comments. I agree that the result is very “naturalâ€￾ but no, I am not looking 10-15 years younger hahahaha maybe 3-4 years hahaha, anyhow, the overall picture of me, with and without hair is totally different for sure. I upload a short photo album and a short history of me in: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#0
As far as pain is concerned I didn’t have any, apart from some discomfort in the donor area after the 6th day (in each of my hair transplants), which I fight them using aloe-vera lotion.

skotya

Reaction score
That's truly a very dramatic change my friend. May I ask where have you had these procedures at ? Specially the fourth one where you had some of your beard transplanted into your head ?

Thanks for sharing. I am very happy for you

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanx Skotya, As you can see in my signature all of my hair transplants were done by DHI.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks amazing! Congrats :)

Did you have all of your transplants with the same dr.? and can I ask how much did it cost for you in total?

Results like that gives all men hope for a better future, thanks for that :)