time off work?

banco

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how long people generally take off work for FUE provided they don't want people at work to know they've had anything done? Wearing a hat certainly isn't an option for me.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends on the amount of work. I would give it at least a week to 10 days if you can't wear a hat.

s.a.f

Reaction score
At least 2 wks - double for strip.

auto_pilot

Reaction score
If you dont want people at work to know, I would say minimum 1 month depending on work done and how quick you heal.

In fact it would be better to time it so that you return to work when the grafts have shedded and your hair is more or less same as pre-hair transplant, assuming the redness had subsided by that time. So, at least 1 month.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i agree around 1 month if you can afford to do so

those scabs you acquire during the procedure
take like 10-15 days to fall out
the grafts also look red/pink
for like a month as well

it all depends on if your able to hide the procedure
with your existing hair

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
The scabs should all be off by the 10 day mark. If you're spraying water on the grafted area starting on the second day, they come off fairly quickly on their own. The redness varies by person, it can last for months.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what about spraying allot of tricomin instead of water ?? that could boost healing right, and alsow get scabs off fast

s.a.f

Reaction score
Jojje said:
what about spraying allot of tricomin instead of water ?? that could boost healing right, and alsow get scabs off fast

Nothing works miracles mate. Whatever you do its going to take a few weeks theres no getting out of it.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm trying for about 3 weeks off work after mine. the redness is really the only thing i'm worried about and have started thinking of things i should have on hand in the hope that it may speed up healing/cut down on redness.

things like copper peptide products (probably graftcyte pack), increased zinc and vitamin C, flaxseed oil, plenty of rest, keeping my hair longer on top to drape over the recipient areas and a tan...

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried all of those products and they didn't do a thing for redness. The best is to be able to comb your hair over the affected area.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiker said:
I tried all of those products and they didn't do a thing for redness. The best is to be able to comb your hair over the affected area.

haha well that's discouraging, but good to know at least.